Question Rebuilt PC for new components and now it won't send video to my monitor.

Jul 2, 2022
I recently just got a new motherboard, the ASUS Prime X570-P, I installed it and accidentally bent my CPU pins when I took it out of my old motherboard (MSI B450 Gaming Plus), I straightened all the pins and it fit into my new motherboard just fine. After plugging everything back and turning on my PC though, it would not send signal to my monitor. I turned it on and off multiple times, checking all my cables, and even switched the PCIe slot my GPU (Gigabyte Rtx 3060ti OC Pro) was in. Still nothing. I then tried my old motherboard thinking the motherboard was the problem, but the problem did not go away so I figured I messed up my CPU and got a new Ryzen 5 5600x, but after installing it today, there is still no video being detected. I tried using HDMI rather than DP, still nothing. I assume that the GPU is likely the issue, but someone suggested it could be that the BIOS for MSI is on my boot drive and not the one for ASUS. Any tips or help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Jul 2, 2022
It does say Ryzen 3000 ready, how can I update it since this is one of the few ASUS motherboards that doesn't have USB flashback? Also would that still explain why when I used my old motherboard the problem was still there?

It does say Ryzen 3000 ready, how can I update it since this is one of the few ASUS motherboards that doesn't have USB flashback? Also would that still explain why when I used my old motherboard the problem was still there?
Unfortunately you will need a previous generation cpu,(3000 series or under) to update it. Unless you have a PC store near you that could update it for you?

TRENDING THREADS