Question Recasing Lenovo M82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2019
I want to recase my lenovo M82 so that I can fit a better graphics card. All of the components seem proprietary but I don't know. I was looking at this case since it would fit the Rx 570/580. will this work or will the M82 not be recasable? Here are some images thanks for any help.
Panda

Lutfij

Titan
I'd avoid swapping that prebuilt into an aftermarket chassis primarily due to the fact that the connectors on the motherboard are proprietary. To add, you're only driving the return on investment towards negative when you transplant the innards to another case. I'm not going to touch on the point about having a non reference front panel connector/pinout.
s-l1000.jpg

Apr 25, 2019
I'd avoid swapping that prebuilt into an aftermarket chassis primarily due to the fact that the connectors on the motherboard are proprietary. To add, you're only driving the return on investment towards negative when you transplant the innards to another case. I'm not going to touch on the point about having a non reference front panel connector/pinout.
s-l1000.jpg
What would you recommend then so that I can fit a better graphics card?

First of all, the PSU used is a special one that does not use a conventional 24 pin main connector.
There may be an adapter around that could make a standard ATX psu work.

Possibly you may find that the mounting holes for the motherboard are some sort of a subset of ATX or, you could create new mounts yourself.

Since your objective is to install a better graphics card, I think you could install a low profile GTX1050ti which would be an upgrade.

If such a card is not sufficient, then use the cpu, ram and I/o on a new build using standard parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.