[SOLVED] Recasing my mobo and replacing psu.

Mar 14, 2021
(I don't know where to post it, please bear with me :(, this post consists many parts, thank you!)

I changed my computer case and psu a while ago (before that, my pc is running finely). I used rakk marug case and rakk rk400 for my MCP73T-AD V:1.2 LGA775 PCI-Express DDR2 Micro ATX MOBO, after I recased my mobo and changed psu, I can't properly use my keyboard now, mouse is running fine, sometimes (or on first start up) my pc just stuck on logo and on the second start up, it boots fine (still, keyboard is not working properly).
Steps done:
  • Only checking, putting the cables on and off.
  • Since I'm using an AVR that have 220 volt (or watts), thinking that it must be the problem, I seperated my system unit to another outlet using and adaptor but still the same problem.

Hopefully, you'll answer my problem. Really need this bad for upgrading and using it for my online classes. Thank you so much!

Solution
if you've tried multiple functioning keyboards on multiple functioning USB ports and none work;
you have a software issue either with your OS or with other 3rd party software interfering.

reinstall your OS and all latest motherboard drivers with no other software.
then test your keyboards again.

though considering the separate issues you've described, the best option would be to upgrade to a modern system.
Mar 14, 2021
make sure you have the latest drivers installed from your motherboard manufacturer's product support page
and that all internal USB cables are properly seated to their motherboard headers.
I'm updated to the latest drivers sir and that all USB Cables are on its proper places. This all happens as I've changed my casing psu..

This all happens as I've changed my casing psu..
what do you mean by "casing my mobo" and "casing psu"?
you mean you have changed to a new PC case and installed a new PSU?
during the change there's a good chance you pulled, bumped, or even caused a short to the motherboard.

are you using a USB or an OS2 keyboard? and what brand?
try different ports.
if the keyboard still does not function when using a different port than the issue is with the keyboard itself.

Reactions: Jrllktgbk
Mar 14, 2021
what do you mean by "casing my mobo" and "casing psu"?
you mean you have changed to a new PC case and installed a new PSU?
during the change there's a good chance you pulled, bumped, or even caused a short to the motherboard.

are you using a USB or an OS2 keyboard? and what brand?
try different ports.
if the keyboard still does not function when using a different port than the issue is with the keyboard itself.
Yes sir, I moved my board to a new pc case and installed a new psu.
I'm using a USB type keyboard and I've also tried different keyboards in different ports, none of them works.
If the problem is on board itself, then I'm fk up. This board is already 11-12 years old from acer aspire x1800.

if you've tried multiple functioning keyboards on multiple functioning USB ports and none work;
you have a software issue either with your OS or with other 3rd party software interfering.

reinstall your OS and all latest motherboard drivers with no other software.
then test your keyboards again.

though considering the separate issues you've described, the best option would be to upgrade to a modern system.

Solution