receiving caution message on hd diagnostic

intzor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
I have a 3TB WD "My Passport" external HD, which is now one year old. Running Crystal Disk Info I received a caution message, with a yellow highlight on "current pending sector count." The values are 200 for current and 200 for worst. After this I ran the WD Lifeguard diagnostic, which is putting a green checkmark by the drive and saying everything is alright. Would appreciate some feedback on how serious this "caution" message is. Which diagnostic utility I should trust? Is it advisable to seek replacement for the drive at this point? Thanks.

Solution
Drive is okay - - nevertheless, you should keep it's contents backed up even if the drive was in brand new, perfect condition,

WD Data LifeGuard is the one to go by. Trying to interpret raw SMART data is not easy for the average joe, the WD software (and Seagate SeaTools) avoids you having to do that.
Drive is okay - - nevertheless, you should keep it's contents backed up even if the drive was in brand new, perfect condition,

WD Data LifeGuard is the one to go by. Trying to interpret raw SMART data is not easy for the average joe, the WD software (and Seagate SeaTools) avoids you having to do that.

Solution