[SOLVED] recent 2004 upgrade causes constant crashes

ethanwpick

Commendable
Oct 27, 2019
I upgraded my boot drive to an NVME recently. I did a clean install of windows using the media creation tool. I had no idea that version 2004 was crashing some peoples computers and I believe its crashing mine. Because I originally installed this version on my PC, I am unable to uninstall the update and I think I need to do a clean install of windows version 1909. I was hoping someone would be able to walk me through doing this. I am not worried or concerned about losing any personal files as I don't have any important files stored locally.
Thanks for your time

Solution
Thats a handsome system. 2700x is a comparable chip to a 9900k came out about same time. Ok with these specs you used to have a working system in the past? Or have you always had this problem with this build? If just reinstalling Windows 10 caused these rebooting it can be a driver issue which I sorta doubt since 2004 version has all the drivers. You just need to install some mobo drivers and video card drivers and your good to go. So at random it restarts? Or do you need to stress the system for it to restart? Lets try two things first. Go to BIOS and set to optimized defaults. Then run DDU Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode then do a clean and restart after choosing your GPU maker. Then in normal mode install the...

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I highly doubt its the 2004 version doing this. Can you fill us on your system specs so we can help you better. There should be no reason to avoid 2004 release. With a couple of release fixes and updates its solid build. So I want to know your specs to see why exactly is it rebooting on its own and giving you problems. 🤷‍♀️😲💯☮

ethanwpick

Commendable
Oct 27, 2019
I highly doubt its the 2004 version doing this. Can you fill us on your system specs so we can help you better. There should be no reason to avoid 2004 release. With a couple of release fixes and updates its solid build. So I want to know your specs to see why exactly is it rebooting on its own and giving you problems. 🤷‍♀️😲💯☮

Sure thing:
Ryzen 7 2700X
Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming
Gigabyte RTX 2070
32GB Gskill Ripjaws V 3200 (running at 3000)
EVGA BQ 650W 80+ Bronze
WD 250GB NVME, Sandisk Ultra II 480GB, Seagate 7200 RPM 2TB HDD

Also, The error code I recieved in my bsods is almost always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Thats a handsome system. 2700x is a comparable chip to a 9900k came out about same time. Ok with these specs you used to have a working system in the past? Or have you always had this problem with this build? If just reinstalling Windows 10 caused these rebooting it can be a driver issue which I sorta doubt since 2004 version has all the drivers. You just need to install some mobo drivers and video card drivers and your good to go. So at random it restarts? Or do you need to stress the system for it to restart? Lets try two things first. Go to BIOS and set to optimized defaults. Then run DDU Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode then do a clean and restart after choosing your GPU maker. Then in normal mode install the latest WHQL nVidia graphics drivers and install them. One last thing go to power options from control panel and choose balanced as plan and choose to when you want the PC to sleep which I choose never and the monitor which you can choose 30 minutes or 1 hour and what not and save it. Now let me know if your getting these random reboots. 😲🤷‍♀️💯☮🙏✝

Solution

ethanwpick

Commendable
Oct 27, 2019
Thats a handsome system. 2700x is a comparable chip to a 9900k came out about same time. Ok with these specs you used to have a working system in the past? Or have you always had this problem with this build? If just reinstalling Windows 10 caused these rebooting it can be a driver issue which I sorta doubt since 2004 version has all the drivers. You just need to install some mobo drivers and video card drivers and your good to go. So at random it restarts? Or do you need to stress the system for it to restart? Lets try two things first. Go to BIOS and set to optimized defaults. Then run DDU Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode then do a clean and restart after choosing your GPU maker. Then in normal mode install the latest WHQL nVidia graphics drivers and install them. One last thing go to power options from control panel and choose balanced as plan and choose to when you want the PC to sleep which I choose never and the monitor which you can choose 30 minutes or 1 hour and what not and save it. Now let me know if your getting these random reboots. 😲🤷‍♀️💯☮🙏✝

Yes, my system was working very well in the past. I upgraded to an nvme and thought the only way to change boot drives was to do a clean install. so I used media creation tool to put windows on a USB, then to the new NVME. since doing that, I have had problems with restarts, crashes and bsods. Normally, the only thing that happens is the game i am playing crashes which could be considered only crashing under load. I have been using it fine for the last few hours but I have only been on discord and chrome. I am going to try the things you have suggested above

ethanwpick

Commendable
Oct 27, 2019

I tried what you said. I have been running Rocket League since and so far has not crashed or had any problems. I am going to keep it running for probably a few hours to make sure but I'm hopeful that things should return to normal. Thanks so much for the help and the low response time! I will update this string in a few hours with my answer depending on if my game crashes again. Fingers crossed.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I tried what you said. I have been running Rocket League since and so far has not crashed or had any problems. I am going to keep it running for probably a few hours to make sure but I'm hopeful that things should return to normal. Thanks so much for the help and the low response time! I will update this string in a few hours with my answer depending on if my game crashes again. Fingers crossed.
That sounds good my friend. Couple hours of gaming should let you know if your stable across the board. 🤷‍♂️🙏✝