Recent and Annoying Problems with my PC

SimplyCurious

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
Recently, I have been experiencing random slow downs with my custom built PC. Audio would be stretched out and choppy, FPS in games would drop to an unplayable level, and it would pick itself back up again like nothing happened. I have windows defender, malwarebytez, and firewall on. I mem tested my ram. I tested both my ssd and my hdd. All of the tests said that there were no issues. I've had this computer for less than a year.

Specs -
Windows 10 (64Bit)
i5 4690k
Asus Z97 Pro Wifi Mobo
EVGA GTX 970 SC
EVGA 850 G2 PSU
Kingston SSDNOW SSD
WD BLUE 1 TB HDD
212 Evo
8GB Gskill Ram

There is nothing wrong with my PSU. HWMonitor is reading it to be stable. Speaking of HWMonitor, the drive temperature for my SSD is 1 degree Celsius and has been locked at that for the past week.

Thanks

SimplyCurious

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014

It's an Asus 60hz 1ms TN Panel monitor hooked up to my 970 with an hdmi cable.

Please tell me you are not running windows defender, windows firewall or security center all at the same time.
If you are, turn the other programs off and just run one firewall.

There is a golden rule, never run two firewall programs at the same time.

That includes a software firewall in windows, and a hardware firewall of a router also.

If you get a slight lag or a slow down or a split second freeze it`s because the firewalls are conflicting.
Partly due to the fact most monitor what data is moving to and from the cpu to system memory.

Oh and go into your windows power options, advanced settings and set the performance to High.
Click ok and you see a marked improvement.

SimplyCurious

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014

Ill turn everything off and update my drivers and come back if I experience any issues. I already have my power options to High