[SOLVED] Recent build blue screening

Sep 20, 2019
Hi everyone, Over the last week i've taken the plunge and built a new dedicated streaming pc to take the load off my gaming pc however after putting all the parts together a few days ago ever since ive had windows installed the pc will randomly bluescreen.

I setup windows 12 hours ago and in the time span its blue screened with the error code "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR"
I've monitored every part and I cant seem to understand whats causing the random blue screens.
Ill post the full specs:
Crucial MX500 SSD
EVGA 750 GQ, 80+ GOLD 750W PSU
Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 Vengeance RAM
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU
Corsair Hydro H100 CPU COOLER
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050TI GPU
Corsair Carbide SPEC-OMEGA CASE
MSI X570-A PRO MOBO

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
WHEA is Windows Hardware Error Architecture and is called when the CPU (typically) detects a critical hardware error. It can on rarer occassions be software or firmware, but it's usually hardware.

• Does the stop error only occur in certain applications or patterns? (I.e under load)
  • Presumably you have measures CPU and GPU temps under load (individual CPU cores too not just the overall package)
  • As Lutfij has already stated, you may want to confirm if there is a BIOS update and remove any potential overclock or XMP you have enabled.

Do you have access to the dump files from the stop errors that you can post here?
Sep 20, 2019
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Which version of the OS are you on? If X.M.P is enabled, try manually inputting the values of the rams stickered information in BIOS.
I'm on bios version that the board came with, ive updated all windows versions to the most recent

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
WHEA is Windows Hardware Error Architecture and is called when the CPU (typically) detects a critical hardware error. It can on rarer occassions be software or firmware, but it's usually hardware.

• Does the stop error only occur in certain applications or patterns? (I.e under load)
  • Presumably you have measures CPU and GPU temps under load (individual CPU cores too not just the overall package)
  • As Lutfij has already stated, you may want to confirm if there is a BIOS update and remove any potential overclock or XMP you have enabled.

Do you have access to the dump files from the stop errors that you can post here?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS