Question Recent DirectX Crashes Please Help!

Jun 26, 2019
Hi all!
Recently I have been crashing in multiple games with the directx error appearing in said different games (ff14, divinity, etc.) I have not made any hardware changes to my setup in the past 2 years and haven't made any big installs. However I have taken many different steps to try and solve the problem. Error codes include things like:
Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
Description: Hardware Device Removed.
Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG"

And in ff14 I recieved
Fatal DirectX errors and 110002

Steps taken:
Install new drivers
Clean old drivers
Limit all processes other than game
Clean registry objects
Reinstall redistributables
CLEAN REINSTALL

None of these options has provided any help. I still get the same crashes after the reinstall. This leads me to wonder if my graphics card is starting to go bad? I am unsure if that would be able to cause directx errors even if it was degrading?

Current Specs:
Windows 10 64 bit
AMD R9 390
I7 6700k (4.4GHz)
16 gb DDR4 ram
1 tb SSD and HDD

First of all, try dong a FRESH Windows OS re-install. The latest Win 10 patches/updates have been very buggy though. Is your Windows fully updated as well ??

And in ff14 I recieved
Fatal DirectX errors and 110002

For this particular Game, this error may simply be related to DirectX 11 which is the default one to be launched if you using a relatively newer version of Windows. Still, problems may appear and users have found out that switching to DirectX 9 might solve the problem. Use DX9.

There is an in-game option to stop using DirectX 11 and you will find it in Settings >> System Configuration >> Graphics tab, but you can also do the same without entering the game. Add the following command line parameter in the game's launch options, on your STEAM library, "“-dx9”"

Also, try to run the game in Compatibility Mode (Windows 7 or 8 specifically), if required. Is your GPU overclocked ? If yes, then restore all the default clock values. OC might also cause this DX error.

Jun 26, 2019
I did a complete reset of windows uaing both fresh and complete defaults. I dont have my disk anymore so I cant do that and... No dice.

I have yet been able to test the dx9 fix for ff14 but its happening on multiple games and is causing obvious performance issues.

TRENDING THREADS