[SOLVED] Recent GPU Upgrade, PC/GPU wont register Display - 8700k, Z370-F Mobo, 3080 Suprim

Apr 20, 2021
Hi All,
Recently upgrade my GPU (1080ti > 3080) and had been gaming on it for the past 2 days.
FYI the previous GPU was working fine and simply wanted to upgrade.

Not long today my monitor stop receiving signal from my PC, but the PC itself was still running, I restarted the PC thinking it might have just bugged out.

Having restarted the PC it booted as usual but 5-10 minutes of usage the same thing happened (Just booted up a game on steam).

Thinking it may have been something to do with the display cords, I tried plugging it into different slots of the GPU and also changed out the display port cable but upon retrying it worsened and the monitor was no longer receiving feed from my GPU upon start up.

Having plugged in a HDMI directly from PC to monitor thinking I had a dud GPU, I was able to receive feed from my monitor when plugged directly from the motherboard.

Thinking very much the issues was my new GPU I plugged back in my older one, but upon restarting after re installation I was still not able to receive feed from that GPU as well.
This makes me think it has something to do with the Motherboard?

As I'm typing this my PC had the same issue without the GPU, but on the second try it seems to be running fine as we speak.

If anyone could provide some help that would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Regards

SPECS:
Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Corsair AX 760 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
Possibly the bios setting for which GPU to initialize first defaulted back to the integrated and you need to change it back to PCIE o PEG?