Recently bought Insignia NS-PAH5201-C headset, everything enabled, getting no playback sound or recording sound. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroKattKatie

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
I've just recently bought an Insignia NS-PAH5201-C headset. The two connectors are connected in the right ports, I've went through all of my settings, I've enabled every setting, and I'm getting no playback sound and the microphone is not recording anything. I'm running a Windows XP computer. Help?

Solution
So you've plugged the headset all the way into the y-adapter and plugged the green plug into the green jack and the pink plug into the pink jack, right?
Did you turn up the volume on the headset control?
Turned up the volume in the windows volume control and made sure its not muted there?
Try plugging this into an mp3 player or cellphone and see if you get audio. You probably wont need the y-adapter with a cellphone. For an mp3 player you would plug the green plug into its audio jack.

Let us know if you get sound.

popatim

Titan
So you've plugged the headset all the way into the y-adapter and plugged the green plug into the green jack and the pink plug into the pink jack, right?
Did you turn up the volume on the headset control?
Turned up the volume in the windows volume control and made sure its not muted there?
Try plugging this into an mp3 player or cellphone and see if you get audio. You probably wont need the y-adapter with a cellphone. For an mp3 player you would plug the green plug into its audio jack.

Let us know if you get sound.

Solution

AeroKattKatie

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

I'm not sure how I finally figured it out, but I just started experimenting with different things and I eventually got it to work... Woohoo.

It's working all good now. Thanks for your time and help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.