[SOLVED] Recently bought ROG strix g513qr wont use nvdia rtx 3070

Mar 6, 2022
Bought the laptop yesterday and Id rather learn how to fix it.
Wife updated the laptop using the myAsus app. She noticed that she was getting a low frame rate so downloaded and updated the 3070 via Geforce experience. She gets a BSOD after luanching a game. After that the update the GPU is not detected by any apps. But the GPU is detected via the device manager. Here is what I have tried so far to fix this.

-Manually deleting and reinstalling Nvidia drivers
-Cleaning the registry
-Tried using the DDU and a clean install of nvidia drivers without Geforce experience.
-Did the nuclear option and clean installed windows.

After doing all this the GPU is still detected via device manager but now has a ! overtop of it. All the while not being detected by Armoury crate or MSI afterburner.

I have been searching for solutions for about an hour and some change now, any help or insight as to what could have caused this and how this might be fixed would be great.

Solution
Wife updated the laptop using the myAsus app. She noticed that she was getting a low frame rate so downloaded and updated the 3070 via Geforce experience. She gets a BSOD after luanching a game. After that the update the GPU is not detected by any apps. But the GPU is detected via the device manager. Here is what I have tried so far to fix this.

-Cleaning the registry
-Tried using the DDU and a clean install of nvidia drivers without Geforce experience.

After doing all this the GPU is still detected via device manager but now has a ! overtop of it. All the while not...
You tried all of the things you can do without opening the laptop which most probably voids warranty.
I see no reason for you to keep trying things since it's a brand new laptop and it clearly is malfunctioning. You need to ask for RMA asap.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador

-Cleaning the registry

After doing all this the GPU is still detected via device manager but now has a ! overtop of it. All the while not being detected by Armoury crate or MSI afterburner.

I have been searching for solutions for about an hour and some change now, any help or insight as to what could have caused this and how this might be fixed would be great.
If clean install of Windows didn't resolve the issue most probably there's some hardware problem. I don't think there's any fix user apply to it. I would return it.

Solution