[SOLVED] Recently built pc, does this look normal?

Solution
It would be a limitation of the game(s) software. I play City of Heroes which is a 11 year old game however even on the highest settings I only see like 40-50% GPU usage. Now Rust is newer however it may not be fully utilized on the GPU. Otherwise raising the settings I’m not aware of being able to raise the usage to improve performance.
Apr 20, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
fresh os install?
ram speed? running at dual channel? latest bios?
Hi,

Specs are listed below:

PSU: Gigabyte GP-PB500 500W
Mobo: Asrock A320M-DVS R4.0
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 + standard amd stealth cooler
GPU: XFX RX Radeon 580 8gb
RAM: G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws-V 2x8GB 3600MHz
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit freshly installed os, (installed some games, adobe software and overclocking software)
SSD: Kingston 240 GB SSD
HDD: Barracuda 500 GB HDD

Apr 20, 2020
Hi,

Specs are listed below:

PSU: Gigabyte GP-PB500 500W
Mobo: Asrock A320M-DVS R4.0
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 + standard amd stealth cooler
GPU: XFX RX Radeon 580 8gb
RAM: G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws-V 2x8GB 3600MHz
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit freshly installed os, (installed some games, adobe software and overclocking software)
SSD: Kingston 240 GB SSD
HDD: Barracuda 500 GB HDD

It's running at it's newest bios too, 3600 Mhz ram speed and how do i know if i have it running at dual channel?

Apr 20, 2020
Hi maxim I found this article that may help you , let me know the outcome please.

Hello MSJ WARLORD,

Thank you for your response, i've checked my ingame Rust settings, and i have V-sync turned off. I also have a 144hz monitor connected with a dvi-d cable so this shouldn't cause any problems, the user in the guide you've sent me was a NVIDIA user, and because i have a AMD graphics card i don't have the NVIDIA Control Panel. I've scrolled through the AMD Radeon Software and i couldn't find a ''G-Sync'' setting, i also couldn't find a option to set 60hz to 144hz for example (exept for the normal setting in windows, i've changed that one already).

Thanks for your help, but unfortunatly this wasn't the solution i was looking for.

Thank you,

Maxim

Apr 20, 2020
Well normally I'd say overclock but your board doesn't support it.

Can you ensure the memory is running at 3200mhz (or higher) in the BIOS?
Hi,

I've just restarted, i went into my bios and i've changed my ''DRAM Frequency'' setting from ''Auto'' to DDR4-3600, my pc turned on, any everything seems fine. ( I assume i've changed the right setting?)
Can you confirm that i've changed the correct setting before i accidentally messed something up?

Many thanks,

Maxim

Apr 20, 2020
Hey,

Thanks again for your suggetion,
I've just turned this on in bios, this must've definetly helped improve my ram, do you have any other things i can try to improve my fps?

Your tips help me a lot.

Thanks again,

Maxim
Hi,

I was wondering if getting another motherbord might get me more fps?

Thank you,

Maxim

Apr 20, 2020
Well the board is locked so no overclocking but ensuring the memory is running at the correct speed, voltage & timings via XMP should at the very least increase the FPS or minimize the dips.
Alright, got it.

But could the reason my gpu is only running for 40-60% be software related?
(I have RivaTuner Statistics Server, that's how i got this percentage)
i understand the higher i put my settings the more my gpu should use, but isn't there a way to let my gpu run at 100% even with my current settings so that i can get the best fps possible?

Thank you a lot,

Maxim

WildCard999

Titan
It would be a limitation of the game(s) software. I play City of Heroes which is a 11 year old game however even on the highest settings I only see like 40-50% GPU usage. Now Rust is newer however it may not be fully utilized on the GPU. Otherwise raising the settings I’m not aware of being able to raise the usage to improve performance.

Reactions: Maxim7m
Solution
Apr 20, 2020
Alright got it,

I've indeed noticed if i play any other game my gpu does hit arround 95-100,
So this is probably the problem and the anser i was looking for.

Much thanks for helping me,

Maxim

Reactions: WildCard999