Question Recently Built PC Keeps Restarting During Gaming (Help)

Dec 5, 2020
So, I have built this PC about 4 to 5 months ago everything has been working fine and great until now. I noticed that when I'm playing games my PC will randomly restart/reboot/crash and happens all the time now and it's random. What is also weird is that I keep having my games frame rate drop really low even though I meet the game's requirements to play (It has not done this before). Almost like maybe it's a heating issue. I even have all the graphics/drivers updated as well.

I have been monitoring my Temps using (CoreTemp) and usually it has gotten up into the 70C which is unusual since it's cold here and it's not summer anymore but still it makes me wonder. Apart from that, I noticed when I'm playing games it says that my (Loads) for Freq#1, Freq#2 and Freq#11 are 30-45% in (CoreTemp) since I have an Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core. The others say like 1% to 3% and the ones that are high seem kinda off to me, no? I am planning on cleaning my PC and putting new thermal paste on the CPU and re-adjusting the liquid cooler on my CPU.

Also, it never restarts when I'm idle or not playing any games. I went ahead and reinstalled Windows 10 and the same thing persists Though, I will say that at one point I ended up getting the (Windows Blue Screen of Death) after this stuff started happening even though this computer is not even a year old. My PC specs are listed below maybe this can help, hopefully someone might have an idea of why this is happening.

OS - WIndows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core

RAM - G Skill 32GB - 3200Mhz

GPU - AMD RX 580 8GB VRAM

PSU - Corsair RMX Series - RM850X

CPU Cooler
- Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2

MoBo - Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By reinstalling did you create your bootable installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools? What BISO version are you currently on for your motherboard? I'm also curious as to whether the PSU might be faulty or failing. Perhaps see if you can source a donor PSU that has the same wattage and is equally built in terms of reliability, a Seasonic unit will do as well.

FYI, for that processor, I'd have went with at least a 360mm AIO, not a 120mm AIO.

Can you hear the fluid moving around in the AIO's pump block?

Dec 5, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By reinstalling did you create your bootable installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools? What BISO version are you currently on for your motherboard? I'm also curious as to whether the PSU might be faulty or failing. Perhaps see if you can source a donor PSU that has the same wattage and is equally built in terms of reliability, a Seasonic unit will do as well.

FYI, for that processor, I'd have went with at least a 360mm AIO, not a 120mm AIO.

Can you hear the fluid moving around in the AIO's pump block?
Thank you for looking at my question. I didn't use the Windows Media Creation Tools to restart Windows. I picked just reset everything completely and followed the setup process. Also for BIOS, where can I check to see the version, I might need to update it maybe. Also for the CPU can you explain the 360mm AIO and 120mm AIO. The CPU liquid cooler seems to be fine and no leaking and fans connected to it are also working on each side, I still plan on cleaning everything though.

ASK THE COMMUNITY