• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

[SOLVED] Recently my pc would take up to 1 hr until it boot's to BIOS ( 6 short beeps if speaker plugged in )

e4r33d

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
So recently my pc started to take its sweet time booting to BIOS , sometimes it beeps 6 times then boots , sometimes it beeps for 1 hr straight or even more .... I had to unplug the speaker soo i can actually have the pacient and will to wait for it to boot . ( 6 beeps every 6 seconds for 60 minutes or more straight would drive anyone crazy )

The motherboard is a ASUS H97m-E , the manual tells me that the code is Display driver related ,so called gpu , its not the gpu not at all it does it on intel hd graphics .

The CPU is a 4690k , its not overclocked , was overclocked automaticaly by the motherboard before . Cooling for it is also not a issue , get a maximum of 67 C in full load

The m.2 SSD , the boot device , its in a perfect condition , it has 98% health .

The PSU its a Seasonic 620w EVO , never had a problem with it and its also not loud or doing any funny sound .

The GPU is a GTX 1070 G1 Gaming , yes the cpu bottlenecks the gpu , but i've ran this setup for almost 2 years now and never had a problem , been playing games no problem

At this point i dont even know what i can try and do to fix it . I stil have waranty on it , because i had the motherboard replaced in 2017 after a PCI lane failure ....

I dont know if this booting problem has a fault to the peformance of my pc . Recently im also getting lower frames in games , games where i could run them easy .

Im willing to test almost everything . Yes the pc could use a upgrade in the CPU department but atm im broke and can't afford to trow a lot on a better one , and not going to get a lower end newer CPU.

e4r33d

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
Pull the gpu and use the graphics on your cpu. And see if it helps. Then try pulling one stick of ram at a time and see if that changes anything. Also try turning off fast boot.
I did the gpu removing thing , i even typed that :D . The one stick at the time didnt help at all . Im going to give the fast boost thing a try . But that means i might be back in a hr with a respond

Fix_that_Glitch

Notable
Mar 31, 2019
Ok unplug all usb devices(hd's), and reboot. If it boots fine then check your boot settings to see what order you have devices in. You could have boot usb device first for some reason. Or could be boot uefi not being used first. Let me know what happens.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS