Recently my windows 7 computer makes the "hardware added" prompt noise and lags everything out.

powersupplywoes

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
It does this at random times between every 20 minutes to an hour. It's killing me in games when the lag randomly occurs due to this. I ran my paid for Avast virus scan found some apparently unrelated minor viruses, I did a check disk (it was fine) and defragged my hard drive all to no avail.

The only thing I can think of that I have installed recently is the Elder Scrolls Online Beta. This has been going on for a couple of weeks and it's starting to drive me nuts mostly from the mystery and the consequences of sudden lag spikes. I greatly appreciate any and all help!

Edit: It is apparently making the noise that occurs when you add hardware. However, nothing pops up and I can't tell what it is that is causing it. Is there a way to track this somehow? Nothing pops up when the noise occurs.

powersupplywoes

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

I can try and do that, I'm not getting any windows error logs so I can't show any.

powersupplywoes

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

I'm still having issues and I have no idea what's causing it. Totally intermittant and random. I'm almost certain its some sort of hardware issue. :(