[SOLVED] Recently switched motherboards and now it's not recognizing my m.2 ssd and won't boot.

Nov 7, 2020
Had a perfect running system
Msi x570 mpg gaming plus motherboard
Ryzen 3600x
16gb gskill ram
Intel 660p 1tb m.2

Then recently switched to Asus B550A Gaming motherboard and 32gb of corsair rgb ram. Swapped over all existing components and went to boot and it just sends me to bios everytime. Doesn't say that their are any boot devices in bios, and the m.2 has windows already on it as I used it in my system before swapping motherboards and ram. This is my first system I've built so I'm fairly new to computers. Any ides/help?

Solution
Maybe Windows does not have drivers for the motherboard to recognize the M.2? In the past, it was my experience that a new MB almost always meant reinstalling Windows, but it has been 5 years since I did this and M.2 was new then. Check the boot menu in BIOS and remove the other drives on your system from the boot order. You might need to boot from a USB to install drivers to get it working, but again...it has been a long, long time and others might have more practical advise.

Kurt D

Honorable
May 24, 2015
Maybe Windows does not have drivers for the motherboard to recognize the M.2? In the past, it was my experience that a new MB almost always meant reinstalling Windows, but it has been 5 years since I did this and M.2 was new then. Check the boot menu in BIOS and remove the other drives on your system from the boot order. You might need to boot from a USB to install drivers to get it working, but again...it has been a long, long time and others might have more practical advise.

Solution