[SOLVED] Recently upgraded CPU, Ram & Mobo. Nothing but issues!

jwood293

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
Ok so recently I upgraded from
Mobo: MSI H97 Gaming 3
CPU: Intel i5-4460
to
Mobo: B450 Auros Elite
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600

GPU remained the same - AMD R9 390

ive since faced a number of issues. Most I think are linked to my GPU but i'm not 100%

Issue no1: Random Blue screens with sad faces. Very random, doesnt seem to be a pattern or anything that triggers it.

Issue no2: Apex legends crashing and displaying an error. I Cant remember the error exactly but it states an issue with "Atidxx64".
Apex also sometimes blue screening.

Issue no3: AMD relive possibly contributing to apex crashes. turning it off and on again seems to minimize the crashes. not completely.

Ive tried installing drivers, rolling back drivers, uninstalling all drivers using DDU and reinstalling. Reinstall Windows 10, still facing the same "Atidxx64" error and blue screens. ive also tried installing some CPU incase it was the issue, no go.
Using the program "WhoCrashed" I am given a log saying

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101019-9453-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C1220)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x4, 0xFFFFBB01D0FEAFF0, 0xFFFFBB01D0FEAF48, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 10/10/2019 2:14:23 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x8209)
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Temps are sitting around
Mobo - 35 degrees, Celsius
GPU: 62 degrees, Celsius.

sorry for the ridiculously long post, i'm not a crazy tech head so i'm sure theres maybe a driver i'm missing or i'm just not smart enough to figure out whats going on! Any help is appreciated.. IN LAYMANS TERMS PLEASE :)

Solution
There's a software called memtest64, run that to test errors in your RAM. If it finds errors(if Windows Memory Diagnostic found them, this should find them as well), you need to get your RAM replaced.

jwood293

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
Motherboard: B450 Auros Elite
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Ram: Fury HyperX DDR4 8GBx2
GPU remained the same - AMD R9 390

Having a number of issues.

Issue number 1: PC is randomly BSODing. Using the program "WhoCrashed" I am given this log
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101019-9453-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C1220)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x8209)

Googling the above .exe's I was told to run a mem diag test. There were problems, but wasnt told what exactly. RAM issue?

Issue number 2: Apex legends crashing and displaying an error. Cant remember the error completely but it states the error is due to "Atidxx64". Googling this error I believe its a GPU issue. Ive tried reinstalling new drivers, rolling back to old drivers and even reinstalling windows. Issue persists. sometimes Blue screens aswell. With AMD Relive turned on the issue seems to be worse but with it turned off it still happens, just not as frequently.

issue number 3: Sometimes when i restart my PC my 2nd display will basically mirror my first and my GPU in Device Manager will show a yellow triangle.. Doesnt happen everytime though.

In conclusion. I installed AMD Radeon drivers, rolled back drivers, reinstalled windows and installed CPU drivers. nothing seems to fix random errors and crashes.

This is my first upgrade on a 4 year old build. I'm not new to this but I'm also not a professional, so if you think I might be missing obvious drivers that you think no one would miss please tell me, there a chance I could have.

jwood293

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
There's a software called memtest64, run that to test errors in your RAM. If it finds errors(if Windows Memory Diagnostic found them, this should find them as well), you need to get your RAM replaced.
Running the test currently. a number of errors found already. Do you think RAM could be the main cause of all my issues?

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\
copy the files to another folder
upload copies from new folder to a file sharing website and show link here

both files mentioned - ntoskrnl & ntkrlmp are both parts of windows kernel. and are not the cause of BSOD. They are just what crashed. Whocrashed is great at telling you what crashed but not why

Atidxx64 appears to be a part of gpu drivers

jwood293

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
can you go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\
copy the files to another folder
upload copies from new folder to a file sharing website and show link here

both files mentioned - ntoskrnl & ntkrlmp are both parts of windows kernel. and are not the cause of BSOD. They are just what crashed. Whocrashed is great at telling you what crashed but not why

Atidxx64 appears to be a part of gpu drivers
Whoops seems I double posted by accident. In the other post someone mentioned running memtest64, which I have just done. It showed a number of errors. I've since switched the ram sockets and no errors are showing. Do you think the other issues I'm facing could be RAM related?
I'll get those dumpfiles as soon as I finish this last test :)