Recguard exe

I recently ran a Xoftspy scan and found a Browser Hijacker that linked
to C:\windows\SMINST\Recguard.exe. My understanding is that this is
required for my HP a350n machine to properly partition the hard drive
for Restore, etc...
Question: I am not sure if the removal tool will delete it or not.
Before attempting, I need to know: if this file is removed by the Xspy
removal tool will this affect partitioning, etc.
Also, if so, where can I d/l a clean version if I need to replace...

Your help gratefully appreciated, excellent HP gurus.

bill

Please check this site. Do not delete Recguard.exe
http://www.2-spyware.com/file-recguard-exe.html

Bill

<chaltandr@lycos.com> wrote in message
> I recently ran a Xoftspy scan and found a Browser Hijacker that linked
> to C:\windows\SMINST\Recguard.exe. My understanding is that this is
> required for my HP a350n machine to properly partition the hard drive
> for Restore, etc...
> Question: I am not sure if the removal tool will delete it or not.
> Before attempting, I need to know: if this file is removed by the Xspy
> removal tool will this affect partitioning, etc.
> Also, if so, where can I d/l a clean version if I need to replace...
>
> Your help gratefully appreciated, excellent HP gurus.

Latest posts