Question Recieved the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED a couple of times, and now my PC isnt detecting a boot device

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 8, 2019
So, for some context: before today, I haven't experienced an issue with my PC beyond the common, easily resolvable issues. However over the course of the day, I have received four/five blue screen errors, all if which are listed as CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

The first time I received this error, I simply restarted my PC and resumed as normal. I did however check my hardware and PC infrastructure by running monitoring software as I usually do (running sfc/scannow which turned up no issues, checking for viruses, monitoring temperatures and disk usage, running a HDD health test which once again brought up no issues).

However, after receiving the second BSOD with the same error message, I rebooted to come across an "insert boot device" message after my bios screen had passed, which I thought was odd. I restarted again however and it started back up as normal.

Now it gets bad. These crashes become more frequent (and most notably happen when I have Chrome open, although I'm not positive that is the issue), and now it's reached the point where it's straight up no longer detecting my boot device (HDD) anymore, and thus not letting me even start up windows to see what's going on or run a system restore.

As I said, before today, I haven't had any software related issues, though I have had to replace hardware over the years. I initially thought that it had to be my HDD since that is the only piece of hardware I haven't upgraded, however as said all seems to be good with that from my testing.

Is this a faulty windows update that's caused It? Perhaps Windows has become corrupted?

It should be noted that I cannot open my bios or the windows recovery settings before my GPU has initialized because my monitor makes the menus appear off screen and thus are uninteractable.