Reciever Wireless Adapter on PC?

mahdi_88

Honorable
Oct 7, 2016
hello, so this might be weird, but is it possible to connect my usb tv reciever's wireless adapter on my pc and would it work?
thanks in advance for any answers.

Depends. As long as the USB wireless adapter that comes w/ the TV is using standard chipsets, standard drivers, etc., it might very well work. Windows may even find the drivers automatically. If not, and you can identify the make and model, perhaps you can find the drivers yourself from the manufacturer's website. Doesn't take long to find out. Just plug it in and see what happens.

mahdi_88

Honorable
Oct 7, 2016
Well, when i plug it in my computer, windows plays the normal plug sound (means it detects it i guess) but it cannot find any drivers for it and the same for me..
Receiver is Starsat: SR-T13 Extreme.
any help will be very appreciated

Starsat: SR-T13 Extreme is just the name of your service device, not the adapter. Try looking under Device Manager, in the network adapters section, and see if you can find anything specific to the adapter, a name, make, model, etc., to help identify that specific adapter.

mahdi_88

Honorable
Oct 7, 2016
oh that's right man, and i've actually did some searching and found out that the adapter is MT7601U.
but the problem now is that i'm not finding any MT7601U drivers that are supported by Windows.

TRENDING THREADS