Recolor previously viewed links

When you view a site from a search list, then return to the search list -
shouldn't the viewed site show in a different color? I have tried changing
the colors under TOOLS - INTERNET OPTIONS - GENERAL TAB - COLORS - LINKS. Is
there something else that needs to be changed somewhere else? Thanks a bunch.

The page can override it.

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:05:03 -0800, Tracy wrote:

> When you view a site from a search list, then return to the search list -
> shouldn't the viewed site show in a different color? I have tried changing
> the colors under TOOLS - INTERNET OPTIONS - GENERAL TAB - COLORS - LINKS. Is
> there something else that needs to be changed somewhere else? Thanks a bunch.

As David says, the page can override this, although you can also override
whether or not a page is allowed to override your specified colors.
However, more likely is that when you return to the search list the page is
being loaded from your local cache. This means the page will load faster
than it did originally, but also that any action since it was downloaded
from the webserver will not be reflected.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows