Question Recomendations for cheap board with bios flashback

A RANDOM

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2015
So I recently purchased a Gigabyte B450M DS3H WIFI mobo to go along with my new R5 5500. Perhaps I misread or misunderstood but I was under the impression that the board came with a bios flashback button. It does not however. I have not had a chance to assemble the PC yet so I have no idea if it works yet however based on reviews Ive been reading it ships with a 2019 bios so its looking like I will need to return the board since I have no compatible CPU to update the board and im not willing to waste money to buy a compatible one.

Can anyone reccomend a sub $120 dollar micro ATX board that has a bios flashback button? Is there anything else I can do to remedy this if the bios is not compatible? Really would rather not send the board back but at the same time im not going to buy a CPU for a one time bios update.

A RANDOM

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2015
So I finally got a chance to look at the board. It says ryzen 5000 ready however ive read some threads of people saying they had their board say this as well and it still required an update. If I install the cpu and the board is in fact not updated to support the 5500 the worst that will happen is it just won't boot? The Mobo version is 1.2 but I cannot find out what bios that version comes with. Is there anyway to tell just from the version number? The first 4 digits of the serial number are 2238. From what I can see this indicates the board was manufactured the 38th week of 2022. Is this correct, im not sure if gigabyte still does this or if they are just random numbers?

Last edited: