Recomended low profile AC router

I'm trying to find a new router to replace out an Apple Airport Extreme 5th gen. Ideally I'm trying to find a low profile router (no tall antenna) so I can swap it in and won't have to rewire the whole setup. The router will cover a 1 bedroom apt and be used for streaming Netflix/Hulu/etc, Sonos, and average internet use. It's going in to a non tech savvy household so a simple interface would be nice.

I'm currently looking at these two models and would love to hear if anyone has existing experience with it. I'd also like to hear about any other models people might recommend.

Linksys EA6350
Netgear R6230

Lutfij

Titan
I'd get an Asus branded router since they have the easiest of GUI's to worth with. Considering what you've added in your post and the links resembling a 70USD threshold, you could take a look at this unit. IMHO, you should look at an antenna-less design but your signal strength will be compromised if you intend to stay connected when moving around the house. On another note, what's the size of your flat/apartment?

Asus and Netgear tend to be my top picks, the Linksys was only because of size and user reviews.

The apt this is going in to is my sisters so I don't know the sq footage but it's modest in size. Kitchen and living room don't have a wall between them, only the bedroom is in it's own room. So we're talking one wall with no plumbing for the signal to penetrate. Truth be told her N series Airport extreme covers it fine, it's just on it's way out and Apple discontinued their routers otherwise I'd stick to their smaller footprint.

I'd considered the antenna-less models because of the open layout but I've had nothing but headaches with them with clients in the past so I was hoping to avoid them. The primary issue at hand is her cable in to the house for Tv/ISP is only through one wall and has to sit in her TV stand/cabinet which has a limited area for networking gear. Vertically the area isn't much larger than an her Arris Surfboard so somewhere in the area of 7 inches, but I'll be trying to confirm height tomorrow. This is why the taller antenna or vertical routers aren't an option, otherwise this wouldn't be much of an issue.

The model you linked might do the trick if I have an extra inch to space. I've noticed the newer models seem to be a bit less bulky which is why I was looking at AC1200 models.

Incidentally, Lutfij, since you're a mod you may know. Is there a reason the models I linked, despite having amazon addresses, open in Walmarts site when clicked from within this page? The Netgear link doesn't even go to a remotely correctly page.

DanKem06

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
Google wifi 3 pack, $299 plug and play, meshed network and 1 year of Google tech support.

We knew you wouldn't be tech savvy by the use of apple products, lol jk. Apple vs Google