[SOLVED] Recommend a motherboard for 5600X cpu

Shoot3rmcgavin

Prominent
Dec 14, 2020
I pretty much gave up on Gigabyte. I'm looking to replace my x570 Elite board. Doing pretty moderate gaming and looking at 200 to 350 to spend on a board less if applicable. Any Recommendations?

This what I am working with. Needless to say I am not considering a Gigabyte motherboard.

Specs:
Corsair 600SF Platinum PS
Corsair 3600 Ram Vengeance Pro
AMD x5600 (No Overclock)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC 8G GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0
Windows 10 PRO
Noctua Air Cooler
<< MOD EDIT TO CORRECT TITLE >>

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Is there any real big differences in B550 and x570 boards?
It can depend, but the basic difference is the number of PCIe gen 4 lanes available for peripherals. You can get more with X570. You have to know you need them to make it a good purchase, usually.

But then...at the very top of the stack are very exclusive boards. The creme de la creme for sure, but very expensive. It ranges from show-piece boards with full coverage shields, intended for display purposes as in an RGB'd splendiferus room center piece, to overclocking monsters with VRM's that should be in a Lincoln welder and plentiful on-board features to enable that purpose. But the thing is: as a basic motherboard, none of them are any more useful than a run of...
Dec 11, 2021
I pretty much gave up on Gigabyte. I'm looking to replace my x570 Elite board. Doing pretty moderate gaming and looking at 200 to 350 to spend on a board less if applicable. Any Recommendations?

This what I am working with. Needless to say I am not considering a Gigabyte motherboard.

Specs:
Corsair 600SF Platinum PS
Corsair 3600 Ram Vengeance Pro
AMD x5600 (No Overclock)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC 8G GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0
Windows 10 PRO
Noctua Air Cooler
For an INTEL 5000 gen B550 boards are recommended, one of the most cos benefit ones according to this video is MSI BAZOOKA:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuPH9pCCK-E

The other one from another video if I remember correctly costs more and its the ASUS TUF but I cant find the video. I recommend building it entry level parts and wait for further updates on the new gen it DDR5 and the new processors if you are an economist. Also look at further videos.

Is there any real big differences in B550 and x570 boards?
It can depend, but the basic difference is the number of PCIe gen 4 lanes available for peripherals. You can get more with X570. You have to know you need them to make it a good purchase, usually.

But then...at the very top of the stack are very exclusive boards. The creme de la creme for sure, but very expensive. It ranges from show-piece boards with full coverage shields, intended for display purposes as in an RGB'd splendiferus room center piece, to overclocking monsters with VRM's that should be in a Lincoln welder and plentiful on-board features to enable that purpose. But the thing is: as a basic motherboard, none of them are any more useful than a run of the mill B550 for the average user looking for top-end 24/7 performance with a standard configuration of peripherals (one GPU, one gen4 NVME, 1-4 SATA SSD's).

Last edited:
Solution

Shoot3rmcgavin

Prominent
Dec 14, 2020
Yeah not going super show room. Just a hey "look at that" appeal. I thinking based on what I have I may not see a vast difference in performance. Also if DDR5 is around the corner I may not need to go balls to the walls with a motherboard. I was considering either.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
ASUS ROG Strix X570-F
MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK