Question Recommend cooling for i7 9700k under Rs4000.

Malikboi_

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
Hello,
I have a air cooler named Cooler Master i70. under stress test cpu was going around 95-100 degrees celcius(that's a lot ik),GPU under stress is hardly 55 degrees celcius so i guess that's not a chassis airflow problem. I have also extra 3 cooling fans attached, 2 at top and 1 at front. Place is always near normal room temperature
I do not know that the guy from where i assembled my pc had put thermal paste on it. Any good cheap cooling option?

Cabinet- Gigabyte C200 Glass
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz (16x1)GB
GPU- GALAX RTX 2060
Motherboard- Gigabyte z390-M ultra durable
PSU- Gigabyte PB500 (80+Bronze) 500Watts
SSD- 240GB Samung EVO PLUS

Thank you!!

Malikboi_

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 74.34 CFM CPU Cooler (₹2687.00 @ Amazon India)

Under Rs 4000, it's the only cooler I'd recommend. If you could stretch the budget to Rs 4400, the Gammax GT is better.

You have a maximum cpu and a minimum budget, the two don't really mix well.
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L
Antec Kühler H2O K Series K120
Corsair Hydro CW-9060028-WW

I can increase my budget but if I don't have to I won't. I mean I would try my best to not increase the budget but whatever.
You recommended an air cooler? is it suffecient? I named these 3 too(my friend suggested them)
opinions?

Karadjgne

Titan
Herald
120mm aio = budget aircooler. They have the same ability. So you'd spend more money to get the same results as the Gammax 400, or possibly worse, the Gammax 400 is a quite decent budget cooler.

I'd only go with an AIO of 240/280/360mm. And I have both a Corsair H55 120mm and a Nzxt X61 280mm aio in my pc's.

Liquid coolers are not better as such, they have certain advantages, and certain disadvantages, as do aircoolers. They are just different means to do the same job.

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55 CFM CPU Cooler (₹8199.00 @ Amazon India)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (₹7899.00 @ Amazon India)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (₹10695.00 @ Amazon India)

Last edited:

Malikboi_

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
120mm aio = budget aircooler. They have the same ability. So you'd spend more money to get the same results as the Gammax 400, or possibly worse, the Gammax 400 is a quite decent budget cooler.

I'd only go with an AIO of 240/280/360mm. And I have both a Corsair H55 120mm and a Nzxt X61 280mm aio in my pc's.

Liquid coolers are not better as such, they have certain advantages, and certain disadvantages, as do aircoolers. They are just different means to do the same job.
So should I go for Deepcool GAMMAX GT?
I only have a main concern which is the FPS in Fortnite,as you may not know but fortnite is poorly optimized or whatever but competitive fortnite is what i do for living. My friend has i5 9400f and GTX 1660Ti but gets higher fps than me. So I want to know that I should be alright with GAMMAX GT? No issues right? If no issues then I'll definitely go for GAMMAX GT. :)

Fate05

Great
May 2, 2019
So should I go for Deepcool GAMMAX GT?
I only have a main concern which is the FPS in Fortnite,as you may not know but fortnite is poorly optimized or whatever but competitive fortnite is what i do for living. My friend has i5 9400f and GTX 1660Ti but gets higher fps than me. So I want to know that I should be alright with GAMMAX GT? No issues right? If no issues then I'll definitely go for GAMMAX GT. :)
I personally, wouldn't go with an air cooler. I know they have the same performance but I prefer the looks of an AIO and they justice sound cooler (no pun intended) a.k.a bragging rights. If you can, I would recommend a Noctua air cooler or a 240mm AIO

Malikboi_

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
I personally, wouldn't go with an air cooler. I know they have the same performance but I prefer the looks of an AIO and they justice sound cooler (no pun intended) a.k.a bragging rights. If you can, I would recommend a Noctua air cooler or a 240mm AIO
bruh 240mm AIO are costly,can't afford and the noctua one's are pricey too. Is there nothing I can get in Rs5000? Coz my parents wouldn't give me more :(
I just want the cpu not go too hot to **ck up my frames :(

Fate05

Great
May 2, 2019
bruh 240mm AIO are costly,can't afford and the noctua one's are pricey too. Is there nothing I can get in Rs5000? Coz my parents wouldn't give me more :(
I just want the cpu not go too hot to **ck up my frames :(
I personally don't know many good air coolers sorry man.

Karadjgne

Titan
Herald
The GT is the best I can find, but then again, I'm limited in search criteria. What you can get locally could be cheaper. Just be careful to hunt down reviews, there's many 'ok' coolers in that budget range but 'ok' isn't all that good when you need performance. I saw 1 twin tower that looked like it'd work wonders, but after review turned out to be worse than the gamaxx 400 at half its price. But from what I could find, the Gammax GT is a decent amount better than the rest. You'd have to go Rs 9k or better, to get better. But there's also any used coolers. If you could find something like a Noctua NH-D14 used for cheap, that'd be awesome, or something similarly large. Scythe mugen or Fuma would be good too.

You should be getting better fps than your bud, your cpu is stronger. Just make sure MCE is disabled in bios. You usually don't start throttling the cpu until it gets above 80°C ish, so if temps are under that, there's no performance loss. Stress tests are extreme, so will run much higher than normal gaming temps. Usually by a good 20-30°C.

The 1660ti is just under the ability of the 2060, so your pc outclasses his by a good margin, gpu limited fps shouldn't be an issue if resolutions are the same, so there might be some other limiting software or settings holding you back.

Last edited:
A very nice case.
First of all, did you install a couple of 120/140mm front intake fans?
They are needed to get sufficient cooling airflow into your case to cool the GPU and cpu?

The cooler you picked is the bare minimum possible, as you have found out.
In addition, downdraft type coolers are not as effective as tower types.
It is not good enough to allow your 9700K to run to maximum capability at stock, and certainly not when overclocked. with overclocking, you should be able to run at 5.0.

Your case has 165mm headroom available for a good air cooler.
The very best would be a twin tower cooler like the Noctua NH-D15s.
But, that is about triple your budget.

Look at least for a tower type air cooler with a 140mm fan.
Noctua NH-U14s for example.

A top end build like yours really deserves a comparable cooler.

Malikboi_

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
Hey all,
Thanks for all the recommendations. I got the Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite240. My processor is under 60 always(stock clock speeds) and under full stress,it's hardly reaching 72 degrees :)
I bought it for Rs.7000
I can change if it's not worth it,I have the measures :)
and yes,I'm using 3 extra single fans.
2 at the front.
1 at the back.
They're literally cheap ones that just give out hue light constant.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS