[SOLVED] recommend me a cheap CPU that wont bottleneck with my GTX1650S

Nov 9, 2020
my motherboard is H81M-S2PT i want you recommend me a cheap CPU (not really powerful one since my budget is limited) not to bottleneck with GTX 1650S i know you might say in your mind o this is cheap garbage you have, etc.. well i gotta start somewhere first i started from the GPU, now i need to upgrade the CPU to a cheap one and working with the card

my current spec
12GB RAM DDR3
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670T CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
gpu: GT 1030 2GB
monitor: 1366*768

Solution
You can compare FPS of 980 and 980 Ti on something like a Xeon E3-1271, which means even if there is bottlenecking, it definitely is minor when it comes to Gpus between 1650 Super and 1660 Ti. I know about this guy, but overclocking is the last thing I'd do when it comes to Xeons. It includes BCLK, I think, and this sucks. The op has H81 and it isn't too bad, bclk and locking at turbo frequency 'd need a z-motherboard. E3-1230 isn't miles behind an E3-1271.
It's clear that s.th. like i3-9100f/10100f/i5-10400f/i5-9400f would perform better, though.
Where you 'd buy your cpu and who from is another question. Aliexpress has trusted sellers with numerous good reviews, if you decide to buy from there. Seems a bit better than eBay, at least...
No real garbage around, though a 1080p monitor may make your life better.
Cheap cpus e.g.:
xeons compatible with your motherboard (e.g. E3-1230 v3, 1240 v3 , 1241 v3 & 1271 v3) - with 4 cores & 8 threads
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u.../78581/intel-xeon-processor-e3-v3-family.html
requiring a new motherboard & ddr4-ram: i3-9100f, 10100f, i5-10400f, i5-9400f
These don't have onboard graphics, but you already have a GPU, so you don't have to care. In the link I left, though there are some Xeons with iGPU, but most of them too expensive.
From these with iGPU, i7-4790 is not priced very well, i7-4770 is a bit inferior and cheaper. Their k-variants (4790k & 4770k) have too high prices. i7s aren't a thing that I'd call better than xeons for socket 1150.
But before this...have you purchased the 1650 Super already?

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020
No real garbage around, though a 1080p monitor may make your life better.
Cheap cpus e.g.:
xeons compatible with your motherboard (e.g. E3-1230 v3, 1240 v3 , 1241 v3 & 1271 v3) - with 4 cores & 8 threads
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u.../78581/intel-xeon-processor-e3-v3-family.html
requiring a new motherboard & ddr4-ram: i3-9100f, 10100f, 10400f...
These don't have onboard graphics, but you already have a GPU, so you don't have to care. In the link I left, though there are some Xeons with iGPU, but most of them too expensive.
From these with iGPU, i7-4790 is not priced very well, i7-4770 is a bit inferior and cheaper. Their k-variants (4790k & 4770k) have too high prices. i7s aren't a thing that I'd call better than xeons for socket 1150.
But before this...have you purchased the 1650 Super already?
Hi, thanks for taking time to read this! No, i will buy at at End of this month so i need to try it on in i5-4670t if there is bottleneck i will get a new cpu then

Reactions: AJNameS

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
No, running windows On Samsung SSD, so what CPU would you suggest me

I wouldn't.

Unless you can LUCK upon something you will spend as much on (enough) of a better CPU for the current motherboard as you could spend on a socket that isn't obsolete and/or has an actual upgrade path.
IMO you are looking at a spectacular reason to consider early gen Ryzen/mobo/RAM.

Even a "lowly" i3 10100 would be better than what you have now, cheap, and with a promising upgrade path TBA.

Nov 9, 2020
If you're going to think it too much, even a cheap xeon E3-1230 v3, E3 1220 v3 or E3 1231 v3 can make your life better. Even if a bottleneck occurs, it'd be really minor. GTX 1650 Super is just a little stronger than a GTX 980.
Well i hope if its small BN, i dont want to face any stutter or freeings during gameplay i hope you understand me, but i really appreciate you helped me

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Something to point out here, and this is not a 'from experience' viewpoint but more in relation to a particular YouTuber I watch, TechYesCity. He is the value king of frames for dollar and OFTEN sources cheap Xeon and such to fill in the blanks for older chipsets. One of the things he mentions being MOST important when using these older chips is the ability and knowledge to OC them. They don't perform "better than" until this is done and even then can be a real crap shoot in terms of what to expect from each individual chip.

There is absolutely something to be said for spending little dollars on Ali (assume you will get the item any time soon) and having a working system with better performance on the cheap. IMO it's a lot like gambling. You HOPE that your time and little dollars not only actually receive the item, but that it works the way you want.
Buying new is FAR surer.

You can compare FPS of 980 and 980 Ti on something like a Xeon E3-1271, which means even if there is bottlenecking, it definitely is minor when it comes to Gpus between 1650 Super and 1660 Ti. I know about this guy, but overclocking is the last thing I'd do when it comes to Xeons. It includes BCLK, I think, and this sucks. The op has H81 and it isn't too bad, bclk and locking at turbo frequency 'd need a z-motherboard. E3-1230 isn't miles behind an E3-1271.
It's clear that s.th. like i3-9100f/10100f/i5-10400f/i5-9400f would perform better, though.
Where you 'd buy your cpu and who from is another question. Aliexpress has trusted sellers with numerous good reviews, if you decide to buy from there. Seems a bit better than eBay, at least to me. Buying new is just surer for a cpu, while it's a different story if it's a 2nd hand motherboard or PSU. The options I mentioned are clearly not perfect, but at least are relatively cheap and the OP 'd get 8 threads for low money. Depending on where you live, item can arrive sooner or later - usually you can ask the seller for expected time and it's mentioned somewhere.

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 9, 2020
Where you 'd buy your cpu and who from is another question. Aliexpress has trusted sellers with numerous good reviews, if you decide to buy from there. Seems a bit better than eBay, at least to me. Buying new is just surer for a cpu, while it's a different story if it's a 2nd hand motherboard or PSU. The options I mentioned are clearly not perfect, but at least are relatively cheap and the OP 'd get 8 threads for low money. Depending on where you live, item can arrive sooner or later - usually you can ask the seller for expected time and it's mentioned somewhere.
Thanks alot! i will be sure to let you know the results