Recommend me a computer please

choff5507

Reputable
May 10, 2014
Im in the market for a new computer, Im open to an Acer, Lenovo, Dell, HP, Gateway, looking for something that meets the following requirements:

1. Desktop computer, don't want an all in one.
2. i-5 or better
3. Multiple monitor support
4. Im not a gamer, but a decent video card if I wanted to play some games and have them look decent should be good.
5. Built in Wifi
6. I am looking to spend no more than $700 or so.

toughtrasher

Reputable
May 11, 2014
If you're not worried about brand, check this desktop out from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/CybertronPC-GM2222D-5150-Escape-Gaming/dp/B0080NQCWY/ref=lp_8588813011_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1399857139&sr=1-9

It has a quad core CPU, can support multiple monitors, has an awesome video card for that price, and is less than $700.
I'd also recommend my signature. Most of the desktops on there have most of your requirements at under $500.

PS: Virtually any computer these days have built in wifi capabilities, just fyi

Hope you find your computer!

choff5507

Reputable
May 10, 2014
Thanks for your reply, I looked at the Amazon recommendation, how are AMD's chips now, I'm not sure if they are still a slower option than Intel still or a viable alternative, excuse my ignorance on the subject.

I would not get that Cybertron PC, they use an HEC power supply which is at the bottom of power supply rankings. If you want something for games, you are much better off building something as you can pick the parts a lot better. Almost all of the cheaper systems that scream they are for gaming use old generation parts in at least one or two areas, and tend to cheapen out on the power supply and motherboard quality.

For general use, get a higher end consumer or business class tower with a 300+ watt power supply then get a lower end gaming video card. Dell XPS models, Lenovo ThinkCenter or ThinkStations. Those will have good quality parts.