Recommend me a CPU/Motherboard (Micro-ATX)

OldWorld

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Hey everyone,

I was going to purchase an i7 4820k and an AsRock Extreme4-M Motherboard, but I am told from several people that the 4820k's performance is actually worse on most benchmarks than the 4770k.

Would you guys please be able to recommend me a decent CPU/Motherboard, preferably no more than £400, maybe by a little.

Many thanks.

OldWorld

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for the response, unfortunately as my tower is only a mid, I require Micro-ATX Motherboards as they are smaller and will fit in my tower. Can you recommend any others?

I do appreciate the quick reply.

Edit: Did you just edit your post? Thanks! Can you confirm they'll be compatible together, and will fit in a mid tower? Cheers.

Dear,

This is ATX mid tower case so you can easily fit full ATX mobo in it. Therefore consider my first option with full ATX mobo. Second, this case has clearance for CPU Cooler upto 168.5 mm. Noctua NH-D14 has height of 160mm so you can easily use NH-D14 in this case. Corsair H100i can be fitted but I suspect that it would be hard fit and mst probably radiator would be mounted outside over the top of this case.

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/102-gamma-case

OldWorld

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Oh that's good to hear, thank you very much.

When you mention the radiator, which part is that exactly? Would the fans be on the inside of the case? Will there be any drawbacks to the radiator being on the outside?