[SOLVED] Recommend me a power supply for this rig and the no. of fans and their size. Is 450W enough?

Sharry_1

Reputable
Sep 21, 2016
Hi. i'm building a new pc and i want advice on power supply wattage.
Motherboard - ASRock H310M-HDV
GPU- Gtx 1660 6GB
CPU - I5 - 9400F
Ram - HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR4
3 Approx. Fans in the cabinet
WD 120GB SSD
Seagate 1 TB HDD 7200 RPM
Antec NX200 Case

Im using the corsair VS450 PSU For This Rig. Is it enough?
If i need an upgrade, Is 500W enough?
Any help would be appreciated!
oh and, if a change in the no. of fans is reqd., pls tell me. What no. of fans are optimal here? and what size?

Last edited:
Solution
oh, tysm for replying! yea, i guess 3 fans should be fine! About the psu, what about the
Antec VP500PC 500W psu then? is 450W really enough? like what if i wanna overclock stuff in the future?
If u can suggest me a 500W or 550W psu under $45, it'll be a great favour!
Also, im considering to buy Jonsbo FR-601 Solar Eclipse Fans x2. Are they good? i dont wanna spend more than $15 on fans.

not really. 450W is easily enough, your CPU won't use more than 70W, your card won't use more than 200W. it's easily enough.
good PSUs != less than 45$. guess the cheapest halfway decent units out there are the Corsair CX/CXm, EVGA B3 or Bitfenix Formula.

as for the fans, they look nice. but are a bit noisy. if that's alright with you, I don't...

Sharry_1

Reputable
Sep 21, 2016
450W is easily enough although the Corsair VS is of questionable quality.
3 fans should be fine. afaik that case only supports 120mm fans. so that's the size to go.
oh, tysm for replying! yea, i guess 3 fans should be fine! About the psu, what about the
Antec VP500PC 500W psu then? is 450W really enough? like what if i wanna overclock stuff in the future?
Also, im considering to buy Jonsbo FR-601 Solar Eclipse Fans x2. Are they good? i dont wanna spend more than $15 on fans.

Last edited:

not really. 450W is easily enough, your CPU won't use more than 70W, your card won't use more than 200W. it's easily enough.
good PSUs != less than 45$. guess the cheapest halfway decent units out there are the Corsair CX/CXm, EVGA B3 or Bitfenix Formula.

as for the fans, they look nice. but are a bit noisy. if that's alright with you, I don't see a problem with them

Reactions: Sharry_1
Solution

Sharry_1

Reputable
Sep 21, 2016

as for the fans, they look nice. but are a bit noisy. if that's alright with you, I don't see a problem with them
Okay, so i'm okay with the fans. and i'm choosing the Cooler Master MWE 450W PSU. It's $38.92 on sale right now and seems perfect and it's a limited time deal haha. tysm for helping!

Last edited:

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Again on the whole questionable psu. The masterwatt series belongs in that pile, the capacitors are awful.

EVGA and SeaSonic tend to be extremely reliable however. The EVGA 500B although not modular, should suit your needs with upgrade headroom

Last edited:

Sharry_1

Reputable
Sep 21, 2016
Again on the whole questionable psu. The masterwatt series belongs in that pile, the capacitors are awful.

EVGA and SeaSonic tend to be extremely reliable however. The EVGA 500B although not modular, should suit your needs with upgrade headroom
They're too expensive in my region😭 these ones that i'm choosing are below $45. I'm so confused now omg lol

Last edited:

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
They're too expensive in my region😭 these ones that i'm choosing are below $45. I'm so confused now omg lol
Cheaper ones nearly always have dodgy capacitors and other problems such as with their ripple suppression, you can get a cheaper one, but you then run the risk of ruining every other component in your pc, I feel like saving $40 or so is not worth the hundreds you will lose if the cheap psu stuffs up

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharry_1

Sharry_1

Reputable
Sep 21, 2016
Cheaper ones nearly always have dodgy capacitors and other problems such as with their ripple suppression, you can get a cheaper one, but you then run the risk of ruining every other component in your pc, I feel like the $40 or so more is worth the hundreds you will lose if the cheap psu stuffs up
Okay, i guess corsair vs450 is okay for me. The reviews are good and it's on a budget. ty for the help!