Recommend me decent liquid-cooling (around £100 budget)

OldWorld

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Hey guys, before I start, I'm concerned about my size. Not my penis, my computer tower.

I've overclocked my CPU, and would like to purchase liquid-cooling to lower the CPU temperature.

My specs:
NZXT Gamma Mid-Case
EVGA GTX 780ti
i5 2550k 3.4GHz (4.8GHz Turbo Boost)
8GB DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-BW Motherboard (Micro-ATX)
EVGA Super NOVA 850W PC Power Supply - Gold
Noctua D2H-B14 Heatsink
1920 x 1080
Windows 8.1

My Noctua Heatsink almost touches the side of the case. I'd say it's between 3-4 inches, although it has rather long 'legs', I'd say about an inch or away from the CPU. 5 inches in total? (from one side of the case to the other, width not length)

Could you guys recommend me decent liquid-cooling, taking into consideration my budget, my mid-size tower, and hopefully will decrease my temperature from 70C under load, to preferably under 60C.

Thanks in advance!

Solution

Hey thx for replying. I went with the h100i because I saw Austin Evans (check his youtube setup tour the one with the widescreen monitor in the thumbnail) managed to fit that in the top with what looks like notpctua fans. Do you belive I can do the same? Also, any advice on the rest of the build?
That case has a very tight dual fan mounting area up top. I would suggest going with a single 120mm radiator on the back instead.

Something like an H80i or Zalman LQ315/320 would be good.

If you can mount 140mm on the back, the NZXT Kraken X40 or Corsair H90 might be a better option.

gamer787668

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014

Hey thx for replying. I went with the h100i because I saw Austin Evans (check his youtube setup tour the one with the widescreen monitor in the thumbnail) managed to fit that in the top with what looks like notpctua fans. Do you belive I can do the same? Also, any advice on the rest of the build?

Solution