Recommend Me More Drives for Games

volkgren

Distinguished
I have room for one more HDD and one M.2 SSD.

I have lots of games I don't ever play because I don't have the space.

What would you recommend? Budget of ~$200.

This is what I was thinking. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8wrhMZ

Or one of these? https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/wd97YJ,4Qw7YJ/

I'd rather have the extra space I think. I already have:

240GB HyperX Savage
500GB 850 EVO
2TB 7,200RPM Ultrastar

getochkn

Titan
You say you have room for one more drive but yet list that you want to buy 2. You already have 2 SSD's, why do you want another one if space is the issue. IF you want massive storage for more games, go with like a 4 or 8TB 7200rpm.

ikaz

Distinguished
Running a game off SSD VS HDD doesn't really help much other than the initial loading of the game once it's running doesn't really matter so going with a standard HD and moving your games to that drive would be the best option.

A half full 2TB drive can still fit an awful lot of extra games in it, you sure you actually need more space :)
Anyway get the 2TB Barracuda or a WD blue, or you could get a 3 or 4TB one.

For my games I use 1 x 500GB M.2 850 Evo for my boot and some games I play a lot and 1 x 2TB WD Blue for everything else and that's plenty for a pretty large collection.

volkgren

Distinguished

Well let's see..

I have 828GB of Steam Backups (compressed, not installed/ready to play).
212GB of Origin Games
165GB of Ubisoft Games
25GB World of Tanks
274GB of crypto blockchains
and other miscellaneous apps/programs leaving me about 215GB of free space on the 2TB.

I have a serious amount of Steam games that I dont' really play often, and never really get to because I would have to delete some other large games to make room for these large games. I reinstalled Windows a few weeks ago and reinstalled BF1, Destiny 2, AC Origins, and a couple other games and I'm already full on both SSDs.

My 2TB is more for just storage mainly so I don't have to re-download games with my slow 10Mbps connection.

My goal is to be able to play any game I have without having to delete something. I suppose I need a massive HDD or two.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS