[SOLVED] Recommend software for performance benchmarks?

benzinonapaloni

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
Friends, is there software out there that I can run that will grade my system in terms of performance in video games? I want to know my baseline, how many FPS I'm getting, so I can compare to future upgrades. I'm thinking about a new video card (GTX 1070) and also getting my first ever SSD is migrating some of the games to it. Possibly upgrade to i7CPU. However, I would like to see objective data, before and after, to help me understand what I'm achieving.

I would love to play DSC World with good frame rates.

NZXT Phantom Red Case
Intel Core i5-2500K CPU
GeForce GTX 770
GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 ATX Intel Motherboard
COUGAR SX850 850W PSU
CORSAIR Dominator 24 GB RAM
SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Cooler
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (x2)
Windows 10

Last edited:
Solution
Thank you!

It's time to upgrade my specs.

Do you think my basic system is good enough to play latest PC games if I upgrade the CPU to i7, graphics card to GTX 1070, and put the game on an SSD? Is my motherboard adequate?
An i7 for your mobo (i7-2600k) will not help much.
https://www.hardware.fr/articles/965-3/performances-jeux-3d.html
Also general benchmarks don't tell you anything,you have to run the game you are interested in and compare your performance in the game.
Keep reducing resolution and quality until it stops improving FPS to see how much performance you can get out of your CPU with the 1070.
Also if the game doesn't use 100% of your CPU even at the lowest settings,then the additional threads of an i7 will not...

benzinonapaloni

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
Thank you!

Do you think my basic system is good enough to play latest PC games if I upgrade the CPU to i7, graphics card to GTX 1070, and put the game on an SSD? Is my motherboard adequate?

Last edited:
Thank you!

An i7 for your mobo (i7-2600k) will not help much.
https://www.hardware.fr/articles/965-3/performances-jeux-3d.html
Also general benchmarks don't tell you anything,you have to run the game you are interested in and compare your performance in the game.
Keep reducing resolution and quality until it stops improving FPS to see how much performance you can get out of your CPU with the 1070.
Also if the game doesn't use 100% of your CPU even at the lowest settings,then the additional threads of an i7 will not do anything for you, you will need faster cores.

Solution