Question Recommend the best motherboard for overclocking I9 13900KS

Apr 7, 2023
Hi all!

Which motherboard is best for extreme overclocking on socket 1700? I'm going to buy an I9 13900KS and a top motherboard.
In the future I want to try to overclock the processor and memory.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, tough one. For the most part, unless you go sub-zero cooling, there is no motherboard that can actually max these things out. Even custom water cooling falls short sometimes. If you are interested in that, usually the most expensive boards come with liquid nitrogen friendly features.

Probably want to head over to overclock.net or overclockers.co.uk or tweaktown.com and find the proper enthusiasts to ask.

Were it me I would go for a motherboard that supports a full coverage CPU/VRM block.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/motherboard-blocks/monoblocks/intel-z790-socket

Most highend Z790 mobo have overkill VRMs, so it might not be an issue.

I would suggest the Asrock Taichi for the sane pricing and the feature set compared to the Asus Strix, Gigabyte Aorus master or MSI Ace boards...

But although, did you read the reviews about 7800X3D? its the current gaming king cpu with less power draw and thermals and doesnt need a top of the line mobo...

Reactions: Why_Me