[SOLVED] Recommendation and MMO discussion thread for Free To Play.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
Currently trying out:

Neverwinter
Rift

Also subbed to WoW Classic (retail if that counts) but that isn't F2P...anway.

I want some options for Action combat, as Rift is bad, and I mean bad about being a clone of so many games even of itself. Still tho I am open to them if they are unique.

Tips, tricks and so on appreciated. hope i can help as well.

Speak of which: Neverwinter is amazing, thus far (only lvl 5 on a couple toons).

Solution
Path of Exile if you are after a Diablo clone.

Phantasy Star Online 2? I installed it a few months ago and spent about 30 minutes playing it, not enough to give a good opinion. I had a friend who played the original obsessively and thought I would check it out.

Star Trek Online is a gigantic grind, but it can be fun going through missions the first time and getting new ships. If you like Star Trek style ship combat anyway. Ground combat is literally re-skinned Neverwinter (also grindy)

Eve Online, wow, okay, learning curve extreme, grindy and many aspects of the game are unavailable for free. That said, if you enjoy PvP and potentially backstabbing people or really like crafting and market manipulation, it can be fun. I played for...

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
Hi minnin90 (y)

One excellent MMO I can recommend is Guild Wars 2.

It is free to play for the core game and expansions are relatively cheap. Another expansion is in the works and coming soon. Graphics are superb and have a great community.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

Awesome, I played the first, way ,way ,way back when! ahaH! Is it worth it still? I know it isn't free right off...gotta buy it first...just wondering...i just watched a vid on it...looks great for 20 years old or so/or less.

Let me know! :)

OH! and I SHALL try GW2 soon....my net is slow and i "thinK" its a bit large....

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

Phantasy Star Online 2? I installed it a few months ago and spent about 30 minutes playing it, not enough to give a good opinion. I had a friend who played the original obsessively and thought I would check it out.

Star Trek Online is a gigantic grind, but it can be fun going through missions the first time and getting new ships. If you like Star Trek style ship combat anyway. Ground combat is literally re-skinned Neverwinter (also grindy)

Eve Online, wow, okay, learning curve extreme, grindy and many aspects of the game are unavailable for free. That said, if you enjoy PvP and potentially backstabbing people or really like crafting and market manipulation, it can be fun. I played for many years in role playing 'guilds' and once you set yourself an ideological goal, it can be entertaining. Also a large PvE path to go down, but that is pretty repetitive (much like STO, quite interesting the first time). Big downside is that there are players who have been around for many years, have all the skills and massive resources. Basically unassailable, but you don't actually have to deal with those people. The first few weeks/months can be interesting even in the free mode. (A title that really depends on your true nerdiness)

Solution

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021

Eve Online, wow, okay, learning curve extreme, grindy and many aspects of the game are unavailable for free. That said, if you enjoy PvP and potentially backstabbing people or really like crafting and market manipulation, it can be fun. I played for many years in role playing 'guilds' and once you set yourself an ideological goal, it can be entertaining. Also a large PvE path to go down, but that is pretty repetitive (much like STO, quite interesting the first time). Big downside is that there are players who have been around for many years, have all the skills and massive resources. Basically unassailable, but you don't actually have to deal with those people. The first few weeks/months can be interesting even in the free mode. (A title that really depends on your true nerdiness)

definitely going to try Path of Exile, love the Diablo series.