[SOLVED] Recommendation for 3700x and x570 mobo

TechGuy75

Reputable
Nov 19, 2020
Need your advise. I am doing a new build with a 3700 x and msi tomohawk x570 mobo.

• What is the fastest ram speed I can run stabley without doing any mods? I don't plan on overclocking the ram.
  • i plan on doing 32 gb of ram. I hear amd is very picky on the ram. in the future can I keep this ram and add to it or do I need to buy a whole new kit? I was planning on doing 16 gb x 2. Should I do 8 x 4 instead, is it faster? Also i usually buy the largest dimms I can so that it gives me the ability to add more ram later as more slots are free. But if i have to rebuy my ram then that doesnt matter.
  • can you recommend me some good kits that are virtually guaranteed to work in my set up? I was looking at team force dark alpha but I have never heard of this brand. Do you have any recommendations with brands like crucial, kingston, etc?
thanks.

Solution
Need your advise. I am doing a new build with a 3700 x and msi tomohawk x570 mobo.

• What is the fastest ram speed I can run stabley without doing any mods? I don't plan on overclocking the ram.
  • i plan on doing 32 gb of ram. I hear amd is very picky on the ram. in the future can I keep this ram and add to it or do I need to buy a whole new kit? I was planning on doing 16 gb x 2. Should I do 8 x 4 instead, is it faster? Also i usually buy the largest dimms I can so that it gives me the ability to add more ram later as more slots are free. But if i have to rebuy my ram then that doesnt matter.
  • can you recommend me some good kits that are virtually guaranteed to work in my set up? I was looking at team force dark...

• can you recommend me some good kits that are virtually guaranteed to work in my set up? I was looking at team force dark alpha but I have never heard of this brand. Do you have any recommendations with brands like crucial, kingston, etc?
thanks.
I'd shoot for 16 x 2 @ 3600mhz. It's unlikely you'll ever need more than 32GB unless you do professional video editing or something similar. Use the G.Skill ram configurator to get a compatible kit for your board.
https://www.gskill.com/configurator

Solution

iq7

Dec 18, 2020

thanks.
kingston DIMM hyperx fury 32gb 3200mhz 16x2 . its better to do 16x2 .