[SOLVED] Recommendation for a media drive?

rbryant73

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2015
Hi all, I had a Seagate 2TB external (powered) drive that died and I'm looking for something to replace it. This drive sat on my desk and I used it to store music and large video files. For a replacement, which doesn't need to be portable, I'm wondering about getting a similar setup, or just an internal HDD. My PC currently has pretty limited storage: C: drive is a 500GB 850 EVO, and D: is an old 500GB HDD I use mostly for games.

Should I replace that old HDD with a bigger one? Just add another drive? I've been looking at WD Black for years but never pulled the trigger, any recs there? Is SSD worth it for this secondary drive? Thanks.

Solution
for simple data storage a cheap high capacity internal is a great choice.

does not even need to be a WD black edition. a 2-4 TB WD blue is more than enough and pretty cheap. the extra speed of the black version will not be of any benefit to data sitting there nor is it needed for simply watching or playing the movie/audio stored there.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
for simple data storage a cheap high capacity internal is a great choice.

does not even need to be a WD black edition. a 2-4 TB WD blue is more than enough and pretty cheap. the extra speed of the black version will not be of any benefit to data sitting there nor is it needed for simply watching or playing the movie/audio stored there.

Solution