[SOLVED] Recommendation for minimally invasive Cloud Storage?

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
I am looking for a cloud storage service that is minimally invasive as far as tracking and collecting my data.
As I read reviews it seems like many of the bigger ones collect a lot of your data and some are running in the background doing it constantly. I don't really have sensitive data but it bothers me when any app is doing that.
-I don't really care about server location.
-2 step verification would be a bonus.
-Better security is desired but I am just storing my music projects and samples and personal photos so its not really super sensitive data.
-The ability to mirror update files on my hard drives to the cloud is a must - As in replaces the older versions of the same file with the latest saved version.

Solution
P-Cloud and IceDrive are both pretty popular these days....(as I only backup photos, encrypted copies (via 7-Zip or Glary Utilities encrypt) of anything financial, etc., I use the free versions of both, along with DropBox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, AsusWebStore (free as I have an Asus mainboard), etc., and have never had a problem with any of them....

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
kind of one of the other

I'm fine with it running in the background if it is just monitoring the selected folders for mirroring. I have AOMEI backupper which does that for my physical backup drives.
Just looking for one that is minimally invasive and has those features. Like not some foreign company that is mining every single data point about me.
Not sure if that is really an issue but I am totally new to using Clouds so going in a little blind here and thought I would ask this community for suggestions to hopefully save me rifling through a hundred reviews.

P-Cloud and IceDrive are both pretty popular these days....(as I only backup photos, encrypted copies (via 7-Zip or Glary Utilities encrypt) of anything financial, etc., I use the free versions of both, along with DropBox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, AsusWebStore (free as I have an Asus mainboard), etc., and have never had a problem with any of them....

Solution
If you want something quick and dirty, stash your data in an encrypted archive file and use your web browser to upload to one of the services that offer free storage. If you need something more than say 5-15GB, you're going to need to pony up cash unless you're willing to make as many dummy accounts as needed.

If you don't care about your data being "in the open", then you can skip the encrypted archive step.