[SOLVED] recommendation for versatile dual monitor setup

njitgrad

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2012
Looking to purchase a reasonably priced pair of monitors to use for home office as long as it can handle some gaming for my kids.

Any recommendations?

njitgrad

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2012
I might suggest a single wide monitor instead of two.
A 34" 2560 x 1080 unit will give you two full 1080P images side by side without a bar in the middle.
A wider screen can be more immersive for games.
Here is a LG example:
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824025514?quicklink=true
I have two 20" monitors at work and I plan to bring my laptop home to "work from home" so I'm definitely going to need two monitors.

Right now I am considering a pair of Samsung 24" Odyssey G3 or a pair of Asus TUF 25".
Both are priced attractively and identically to each other at $219 each.

kanewolf

Titan
Budget $350 or less per monitor, space large enough for two monitors 24-26 in, computer is custom built about 8 years ago but still very solid
The type interfaces supported on the computer is important. What is the graphics card and what are the ports on it? An 8 year old graphics card will have old standard interfaces. The widescreen that @geofelt recommended might not be appropriate for an 8 year old graphics card because it needs a newer standard interface port.

Personally, I always go with Dell monitors.

njitgrad

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2012
The type interfaces supported on the computer is important. What is the graphics card and what are the ports on it? An 8 year old graphics card will have old standard interfaces. The widescreen that @geofelt recommended might not be appropriate for an 8 year old graphics card because it needs a newer standard interface port.

Personally, I always go with Dell monitors.
I plan on upgrading the GPU so that it has dual HDMI ports. Don't know which one yet.