Recommendation On a AIO Cooler

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vak23

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
I just replaced my old am3 build with a 4690k and the hero, using my old CM 212 EVO but it just stands out with my Black/Red theme and one of my friends told me to pick up AIO to clean it up a bit and that gives me the option to really push the cpu. I have my worries about Liquid but it can't be that bad and I can't really find a nice all black Air Cooler. So what's the best AIO can get for around the 100 buck price range? Or should I save and do a Custom loop?

Solution
This would be the best 240mm AIO you can get for under your budget, and one of the best, too:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $89.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-11 16:51 EST-0500

If you want better performance, this 280mm cooler would be the thing to get for 15$ over budget:

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $114.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available...

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
From Noctua themselves:

" Since even small variations in the layer of paint can lead to an imbalance of the impeller, resulting in vibrations, higher noise levels, increased stress on the bearing and thus reduced lifespan, we do not recommend painting the fan. Please note that for the reasons stated above, painting the fan will void your warranty".

I'd rather just get the R1 Ultimate since it performs similarly to the D-15, has the black color scheme, and is $20 cheaper.

Hmm, right.
I would get this, then:

CPU Cooler: Prolimatech Megahelms (No Fans) CPU Cooler ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SPRO-P14025KK-RP 122.2 CFM 140mm Fan ($18.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SPRO-P14025KK-RP 122.2 CFM 140mm Fan ($18.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $107.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-12 17:57 EST-0500

The Megahelms itself is a great cooler, and when paired with fans (that have better airflow than the XF140s that come with the R1 Ultimate, mind you), it's a beast.