Question Recommendation on USB-C based KVM

Jun 28, 2023
I have tried two different KVMs from Amazon, and didn't have luck with either. They both had 4 USB-C, two for device power delivery, two for docking with the devices. There was an HDMI output and 3 or 4 USB-A ports for peripherals.

Both KVMs powered my PCs just fine, and the video worked without issue. I could swap back and forth also, but the USB-A had issues for keyboard and mouse. One KVM's hub just didn't work at all, and the other one only worked for device 1 and wouldn't switch.

Has anyone had luck with such a KVM?

I tested two of these from AOOCOO

Tested just one of these from Steetek

Jun 28, 2023
did you plug in a external HDD to the USB-a as well? or only mouse and keyboard
I tried multiple keyboards and mice. Also tested to see if anything like wireless earbuds would get a charge. I got nothing at all from the AOOCOO one. Tested all 4 ports both times I got one delivered.

What I´ve seen, Startech and Aten as well as Dell/HP/Lenovo are reliable KVM brands to look for. Others can work, but lack support. These provide updates if something goes wrong with there product. But of course cost more.
The AOOCOO was described from various amazon buyers, that the USB3 port aren´t working as well.

Did you use the delivered USB C cables with your PCs? Eventually you will have to power the KVM externally using a USB-C charger

Which PCs are you using? brand and exact model please

May 19, 2023
Both KVMs powered my PCs just fine, and the video worked without issue. I could swap back and forth also, but the USB-A had issues for keyboard and mouse. One KVM's hub just didn't work at all, and the other one only worked for device 1 and wouldn't switch.
have you ever check your laptops USBC port? which types are they? cause they should be at least a thunder 3/4 USB-C type so you can have both video and control, or you can just easylly post them here people will know them better