op probably doesn't have a display port monitor, and doesn't want to buy an adapter, so hes looking for cards that can run 3 monitors without the use of an active display adapter. the only single cards that can pull off this feat is Gtx 600 cards, and the Sapphire Flex Series of gpus.

trackfactory

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Thanks for the insite everyone. The sales rep. at the computer store not to be named couldn't give me much insight so I did some research on my own.

I am not a gamer, I do video editing and currently use dual screens. I would like to output to my HD TV for a third display, and my TV does not have a display port.

What do you think about the AMD based cards that support eyefinity as an option?

G

From what I've researched, AMD seems to have the advantage over NVIDIA (overall) when it comes to multi-monitor output, but it also depends on the programs you plan on running (some run better with NVIDIA cards, some run better with AMD cards, likewise with games) NVIDIA and AMD cross each others paths all the time. They both beat each other all the time. To the consumer, it shouldn't be about whether NVIDIA is better or worse than AMD, it should be about the budget and which graphics card puts out the best performance for the budget. For example: Where I live, the best $200 graphics cards are probably the HD 6850 and 6870 (if it's on sale) whereas the best $300 graphics card (again, where I live) is probably the GTX 660 Ti.

trackfactory

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Ahhh. As a video editor, I am using the Adobe CS suite (Premiere Pro/After Effects/Encore/On Location etc).

I did see a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 that looked interesting as far as the specs go. But i was a little skeptical because the price seemed so reasonable for a card with specs like that (Dual DVI, HDMI, and Display ports, 2GB RAM for only $209 from Newegg)

I'm curious if you have an opinion on that particular card.