Question Recommendations for 3700

Jul 25, 2019
Hi guys,

Looking to do a bit of an upgrade in the next couple of months, looking for a new cpu, motherboard and ram. I want a 3700x cpu and I'm looking at the corsair vengeance 3200 but the motherboard I'm struggling with.

I want something that can support the 3700x out of the box and looking at spending no more than say £150.

Not really looking at overclocking anything but I'm struggling to find what I want.

Any recommendations?

Jul 24, 2019
ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming - £179.99
MSI X470 Gaming Pro £116.83
MSI X570-A PRO £133.52
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite £166.90

Have a look at any of the board mentioned above...you can pick them up from around those prices...try and get a good special.

Jul 25, 2019
Thanks guys!

I was looking at the msi x570 before I just don't know if I'm just blowing money. I want to be able to just install it straight out the box without messing around updating the bios but I don't know whether I'm just buying a more powerful board for no reason other than being lazy!

Jul 24, 2019
The chance that you have too update bois on the board is about 99%. Bois always gets an update after a board gets released. See if lazy plays a factor you can always take the PC into a IT shop where they can build setup and configure your new motherboard

Jul 25, 2019
The chance that you have too update bois on the board is about 99%. Bois always gets an update after a board gets released. See if lazy plays a factor you can always take the PC into a IT shop where they can build setup and configure your new motherboard

I just need to get better I think haha.

I've only really built 2 PCs fully for family before and replaced bits on mine but when I've built them in the past I've had a more experienced friend with me.

This one I'm doing solo because I want to spend a long time on wire management and getting it to look perfect.

My only issue is whenever I start messing with bios updates/settings I always seem to get it wrong, I'll just have to plow through it.