Question Recommendations for a new gaming laptop ?

Michaelcortez

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2013
Hey Everyone!

We are looking to buying a gaming laptop for my niece who just turned 13 for around $1000 pre tax for school, games and whatever she would like to do with it. I personally only done desk tops, so I am not familiar with laptops as much and could use some help on picking one out. Would really appreciate the help!

So far this is the only one I have found, but open to suggestions.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/MSI-Kata...-NVMe-SSD-Black-Windows-10-11UD-001/702329458

Hey there,

That's not a bad buy for the price. It's made by a reputable manufacturer. It has a very strong CPU (although last gen), and a good enough GPU for 1080p gaming (which is the native res of the panel in the laptop). It also has 16gb ram, and often the entry level models come only with 8gb, which hobbles the system straight out of the box. So that's a bonus too.

Just checking other laptops on walmart's site, the one you checked is better than practically everything else in that price range.

Michaelcortez

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2013
Hey there,

That's not a bad buy for the price. It's made by a reputable manufacturer. It has a very strong CPU (although last gen), and a good enough GPU for 1080p gaming (which is the native res of the panel in the laptop). It also has 16gb ram, and often the entry level models come only with 8gb, which hobbles the system straight out of the box. So that's a bonus too.

Just checking other laptops on walmart's site, the one you checked is better than practically everything else in that price range.
Thank you for responding I really do appreciate it Keith. I really do like the one I link, but they sold out in my area and not giving me the option to buy online to ship to me, so trying to see if there is one that compares to it because its been sold out for a couple months.