[SOLVED] recommendations for a ups

RyanPH

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
having problem to my current ups (fortress ups 800i 650va), i already charge it to 10hrs and when i try to plug my pc and test the back up system of the ups it start beeping continously after 5 sec the ups shutdown automatically, is the ups not enough to power up my pc or its a diffective ups? can u help me to choose a good ups for my pc.

specs:
amd ryzen 5 2600
mobo mortar titanium matx
2x8gb corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200mhz
palit super jetstream 1060
seasonic m12II 620w +80 bronze fm
500gb ssd
1tb hdd
2tb hdd
6 rgb cooler master fans w/ controller
mb 530p case

Solution
its only 1week old ups and its the pc only that plug in on the ups sir
Then it is just not large enough. The behavior you describe is what UPS units do in an overload situation. The 650VA rating may be complete fiction and that unit may only support 450VA ...

kanewolf

Titan
having problem to my current ups (fortress ups 800i 650va), i already charge it to 10hrs and when i try to plug my pc and test the back up system of the ups it start beeping continously after 5 sec the ups shutdown automatically, is the ups not enough to power up my pc or its a diffective ups? can u help me to choose a good ups for my pc.

specs:
amd ryzen 5 2600
mobo mortar titanium matx
2x8gb corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200mhz
palit super jetstream 1060
seasonic m12II 620w +80 bronze fm
500gb ssd
1tb hdd
2tb hdd
6 rgb cooler master fans w/ controller
mb 530p case
How old is the battery in your UPS? They need to be replaced after about 3 years. It may be time for a replacement.
Or it could be that your UPS is just undersized for the load. Is there anything besides the PC on the UPS?

RyanPH

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
How old is the battery in your UPS? They need to be replaced after about 3 years. It may be time for a replacement.
Or it could be that your UPS is just undersized for the load. Is there anything besides the PC on the UPS?
its only 1week old new ups and its the pc only that plug in on the ups sir

RyanPH

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
but when i tried to tv and laptop w/ monitor the ups is fine not overloading or whatsoever. should i buy higher ups va enough to power up my pc? and what u recommend of brand except for the apc because its to expensive.

Cyberpower, tripplite, and APC (eaton for businesses) are the big brands. Although recently APC was bought out and some people haven't been happy with the quality.

PC power supplies are weird on some UPS. Generally you want something with a wattage that is at least as high as your PSU wattage and maybe 20% more than that to guarantee functionality. Voltamps (VA) are not the same as watts and most UPS are rated in VA. For your system probably something with 1000-1400VA would give you 20-30minutes of run time before the batteries died.

I have the one linked below for my desktop and the one below that for my network equipment.

https://smile.amazon.com/APC-Batter...inements=p_89:APC&rnid=2528832011&s=pc&sr=1-4

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XJJN60/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TRENDING THREADS