[SOLVED] Recommendations for AMD 3000 Series Ryzen 7 3800XT

Dec 7, 2019
Could anybody recommend a good PSU and Motherboard for AMD 3000 Series Ryzen 7 3800XT? I am looking for a new assembled computer for programming and may change career (probably data science).

I use it 14 hours a day and budget is not a problem. I welcome any opinion on other components too.

Last edited:
Solution
Check out HardwareUnboxed reviews of both B550 and X570 motherboards on Youtube...they do an excellent job of rating boards based on their VRM designs and features. I would probably lean towards x570 and something like the MSI MEG Unify x570 myself...or possibly the Gigabyte x570 AORUS Ultra.

As far as power supplies any quality supply from EVGA, Corsair, or Seasonic with a Platinum rating should last a good long while...something in the 800w range should be more than enough. If I was buying today with no budget worry the Seasonic PRIME PX-850 would probably be my choice.
Check out HardwareUnboxed reviews of both B550 and X570 motherboards on Youtube...they do an excellent job of rating boards based on their VRM designs and features. I would probably lean towards x570 and something like the MSI MEG Unify x570 myself...or possibly the Gigabyte x570 AORUS Ultra.

As far as power supplies any quality supply from EVGA, Corsair, or Seasonic with a Platinum rating should last a good long while...something in the 800w range should be more than enough. If I was buying today with no budget worry the Seasonic PRIME PX-850 would probably be my choice.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution

TRENDING THREADS