Question Recommendations for DSLR or Mirrorless

agent37

Prominent
Feb 10, 2019
Hi,

So I want to invest in a beginners DSLR. I've seen the reviews by TomsGuide here https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-dslrs,review-2218.html, but I want people's personal experience before buying one.

Currently I'm deciding between Nikon D5300 and Canon 200D (So my budget is around £500), however, I recently started looking at Mirrorless and have seen the Canon M100, but it put me off as it had no Mic port (I'll explain why I may need this).

My photography interests are Landscape mostly, but also portraits.

Now for video I do like shooting video at times and also making reviews for YouTube, so that's why a Mic output would be useful (Just really future proofing it) and to bring another point in those two cameras offer pop-out screens which is ideal for video shooting.

What do people recommend? I've only looked at these two, but there might be cheaper ones to consider. (PS. I would want one with Popout screen, so Nikon 3500 is a no :()

500 Quid, you should be able to get a nice Canon Rebel for that price. Like a T5-T6 EOS, they sell for 300$ in the USA can't be much more than that in the UK, and that would do everything you want, has great lenses, I use one and I love it and I do everything you speak of with it.

Edit: I did a quick look around on Amazon.co.uk and found numerous EOS T5 and T6 for under 400 Quid with lenses.

agent37

Prominent
Feb 10, 2019
500 Quid, you should be able to get a nice Canon Rebel for that price. Like a T5-T6 EOS, they sell for 300$ in the USA can't be much more than that in the UK, and that would do everything you want, has great lenses, I use one and I love it and I do everything you speak of with it.

Edit: I did a quick look around on Amazon.co.uk and found numerous EOS T5 and T6 for under 400 Quid with lenses.

Had a look at those (they're a different model number here) the screens on those don't pop-out which kind of puts me off.