Question Recommendations for GPU upgrade ?

Oct 12, 2024
Looking to upgrade my Graphic card.

Current Graphics card: Asus Dual 1060 6GB
Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370E Gaming
CPU: Intel i7 8700K 3.7gHz
PSU: Corsair RM 750x.

I'm looking for the best Video Card compatible with what I have.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Power Supply: Corsair RM 750x.
How old is the unit and what did it power throughout it's tenure in your build?

You might want to stylize this thread with a follow up post with info asked of in this thread;
and the community can move forward with suggestions.

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
PSU is very important, but this article should help with your question assuming all is good there:
https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/gpus/cpu-vs-gpu-upgrade-benchmarks-testing
The information in this link is really helpful but I am intrigued about what budget you have available as this will ultimately decide what level of gpu you will be looking at.

Despite being quite old now the 8700k is still not a bad cpu. As a basis for reference I use a 9900k with a 4070 super and the performance is very good and hits what I require from the games that I play. I use 1440p 165hz monitor

When I do upgrade my CPU and platform probably early to mid next year then any frames that I am 'missing out' on will be returned and I will get a cheeky second boost.

I feel that this way of doing it is much better than going for a lower tier gpu which will end up requiring an upgrade in a shorter space of time.

Depending on how old your PSU is then you may need to factor a replacement in but look at your budget and what resolution you have and come back here where people will advise on what is likely the best options at this point in time

Oct 13, 2024
whats the budget

What is the Wattage
Looking to upgrade my Graphic card.

Current Graphics card: Asus Dual 1060 6GB
Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370E Gaming
CPU: Intel i7 8700K 3.7gHz
PSU: Corsair RM 750x.

Thanks in advance.

I mean the PSU
Best recommendation: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB version to minimize bottlenecking although I may be wrong

Last edited by a moderator: