[SOLVED] Recommendations for motherboard replacement ?

Dec 4, 2021
Hello..

Long Story Short! I had a motherboard (Asus H81-PLUS) which broke now I am looking for an upgrade (Tpm Support, In-built Bluetooth, 4 Ram Slots, Better PCI) so let me know a motherboard that fits in my case (InWin A1), (The last motherboard did) and supports my i5 4th Gen (i5 4670s) My budget is under 20,000Pkr. I want the mobo for gaming!

Solution
We don't know what motherboards and CPUs are available to you in Pakistan.

Here's some benchmark comparisons using the Passmark benchmark from Passmark.com

Your old CPU, the i5-4670: score is 5525; single thread 2156

The i3-10100: score is 8829; single thread 2639

So, the i3-10100 is about 60% stronger generally, and about 22% stronger in single threads.

You would probably notice the difference, but maybe not as much as you hoped, depending on the task.

Here is the Gigabyte motherboard:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H410M-H-rev-1x#kf

Looks OK to me. It will accept an M.2 drive if you ever get one. It will accept and Intel i-5 if you ever want to upgrade the CPU.

It has only 2 RAM slots for DDR4 RAM. You must use...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're supposed to be looking into a Z series platform to get the creature comforts you're looking at though in retrospect, you sure you want to spend that much on (just)a motherboard? If you add a little more dough, you're venturing into concurrent gen technology/a new platform. Also, you've mentioned the currency but you forgot to mention a preferred site for purchase.

Mind sharing how your motherboard died?

Lastly, please list the secs to your current build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

FYI, any motherboard can handle gaming...you don't need a motherboard that has "gaming" slapped all over it to tell anyone that it can be sued for gaming.

Reactions: Rehan Rashid
Dec 4, 2021
The mobo died because my brother plugged a cable in the wrong port and cause of a short circuit it died.. anyway I don't care about the site or manufacture, I will buy locally from my country and Are you being sarcastic by saying this is to much money for just a motherboard, Thanks Btw

CPU: i5 4670s
Motherboard: Asus H81-PLUS (That died)
Ram: 8 GB DDR3 (Planning to upgrade to 16/32Gb)
SSD/HDD: 128Gb SSD, 1TB HDD
GPU: Rx 580 4Gb
PSU: 450w 80+ Bronze
Chassis: inWin A1
Monitor: 1080p Tv

Well in my country we have to mention if we want a motherboard for gaming or mining so that's why I mentioned that.

FYI, People in my country are recommending me Asus B85M-G which is a little bit more expensive then my last mobo and the only difference is the ram slots and none of the features I am looking for..

Last edited:
Provide a link to the web site from which you might buy the board so we can look over what they have and pick something out.

You have an i5-4670. That is an old CPU, so boards might be hard to find in new condition.

You would need a board with has an 1150 socket.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...r-6m-cache-up-to-3-80-ghz/specifications.html

Here is a list of boards that might be compatible. Which can you find at your location?

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100007627 600438202 4017 4027 4026&Order=1

Last edited:
On your requirements:
With a 4th gen processor, you will not get support for windows 11.
8th gen at least.

4 vs. 2 slots should not be an issue, intel runs dual channel only.
Adding two more sticks is not guaranteed to work if you need 16gb of ram, buy a 2 x 8gb replacement.

The "gaming" description on motherboards is just marketing fluff and means nothing.
PCIE X2/3/4/5 makes little difference in graphics card performance unless your card is a top end card in which case there might be a single digit difference.
Your cpu performance is determined by your processor.
Your strongest upgrade would be a I7-4790K.

I do not know your prices, but since you need to change out the motherboard,
See if you can't manage a I3-10100 processor, a lga1200 motherboard and DDR4 ram.

On a budget,
I would suggest you simply buy another Asus H81-PLUS .
With the same motherboard, you just drop it in.
If you change motherboards, you may have activation issues and the need to install different motherboard drivers.

Dec 4, 2021
Provide a link to the web site from which you might buy the board so we can look over what they have and pick something out.

You have an i5-4670. That is an old CPU, so boards might be hard to find in new condition.

You would need a board with has an 1150 socket.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...r-6m-cache-up-to-3-80-ghz/specifications.html

Here is a list of boards that might be compatible. Which can you find at your location?

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100007627 600438202 4017 4027 4026&Order=1
Bro I live in Pakistan so I can't buy from any of the website, you just tell me overall I will find in my country

Dec 4, 2021
On your requirements:
With a 4th gen processor, you will not get support for windows 11.
8th gen at least.

4 vs. 2 slots should not be an issue, intel runs dual channel only.
Adding two more sticks is not guaranteed to work if you need 16gb of ram, buy a 2 x 8gb replacement.

The "gaming" description on motherboards is just marketing fluff and means nothing.
PCIE X2/3/4/5 makes little difference in graphics card performance unless your card is a top end card in which case there might be a single digit difference.
Your cpu performance is determined by your processor.
Your strongest upgrade would be a I7-4790K.

I do not know your prices, but since you need to change out the motherboard,
See if you can't manage a I3-10100 processor, a lga1200 motherboard and DDR4 ram.

On a budget,
I would suggest you simply buy another Asus H81-PLUS .
With the same motherboard, you just drop it in.
If you change motherboards, you may have activation issues and the need to install different motherboard drivers.
If I sell my old cpu and get around 30,000pkr what's the best cpu and board I can buy which will be better then my last CPU performance

Here's some benchmark comparisons using the Passmark benchmark from Passmark.com

So, the i3-10100 is about 60% stronger generally, and about 22% stronger in single threads.

You would probably notice the difference, but maybe not as much as you hoped, depending on the task.

Looks OK to me. It will accept an M.2 drive if you ever get one. It will accept and Intel i-5 if you ever want to upgrade the CPU.

It has only 2 RAM slots for DDR4 RAM. You must use DDR4. It will accept a total of 64 GB.

I don't see anything wrong with it if it fits your budget. Gigabyte is a good brand.

Solution
Dec 4, 2021

It has 2 RAM slots for DDR4 RAM. You must use DDR4.

I don't see anything wrong with it if it fits your budget. Gigabyte is a good brand.
Thats so kind of you, I am gonna buy that CPU and Mobo, Thanks Bro