Question Recommendations for new graphics card?

motti15

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Hey everyone. I had built my own PC a few years ago and lately, it seems my graphics card keeps having major issue with games crashing, so I was thinking of getting a new card. The current one I have is a NVIDIA GTX 960 which is ok, but it's showing it's age for sure. My processor is also an i5 4960k with 12 gigs of ram. I'm not sure if it's my graphics card that should be changed due to this issue I'm having, or if you have feedback of how to fix the issue, but either is welcomed.

The error I get says "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered: Display Driver NVIDIA windows kernel mode driver, version 441.87 stopped responding and has successfully recovered" This message pops up when I'm playing more graphic-intense games and it freezes or shuts down the game.

Keep in mind, I have reinstalled the drivers completely, took out the graphics card to clean it, and it still has the same issue going on. Could the card just be faulty? If so, what do you recommend for a new one?

motti15

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
I've been having this issue with my graphics card that whenever I play a game, it send me this message. "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered: Display Driver NVIDIA windows kernel mode driver, version 441.87 stopped responding and has successfully recovered" This message pops up when I'm playing more graphic-intense games and it freezes or shuts down the game.

Keep in mind, my graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 960 and I've had it for about 3-4 years now. Could this be a sign that the graphics card is failing and need a new one?

motti15

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Sure. My CPU is an i5-4690k Intel, GPU is Nvidia GTX 960, Ram corsair DDR4 12gigs in 3 sticks. EVGA 500w Power supply, SSD HD and regular HD. Using windows 7. Any thoughts what could be the issue? it's worked for a few years with no issues until a few months ago.