Question Recommendations for storage for games with long load times

May 15, 2019
I currently have 2 Hard Drives (1TB and 2TB) and an SSD for windows. Both hard drives are full so I need to get a new hard drive or SSD. Whatever I end up getting will be used for games, some of which have long load times so I would like to get something fast. I was looking at maybe a couple of hard drives in raid or a SSD but I'm not sure. I have a budget of up to $300 usd or so. Buying off of newegg would probably be best because it is cheaper than most places in my country. What are my best options?

May 15, 2019
You could easily be in 1-2Tb class Sata SSD's, if you have an M.2 you could get 1TB of very fast storage. Don't bother with RAID, there are much much better options available now.
I have an M.2 slot on my motherboard that currently has a 32GB optane stick in it which I have given up on getting working and could replace with a M.2 SSD. What do you recommend?

13thmonkey

Titan
the intel 660p is often at a good price, recently $100(ish) for 1TB. It's >3x faster than the fastest SSD, but not as fast as the fastest M.2's, but they cost a lot more, and you're reaching diminishing returns at that point.

It struggles on sustained writes when full, but your usage pattern will be intermittent writes and predominantly read related.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13078/the-intel-ssd-660p-ssd-review-qlc-nand-arrives/9

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS